Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cioxx
Jul 14, 2001

Is there a free way to backup iPod touch music onto a computer? It's non-jailbroken and the music is manually managed (I don't have the files in the iTunes)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cioxx
Jul 14, 2001

Lux Aeterna posted:

the problem is that the touch is unable to be used in disk mode (this might change in 1.1.3 if you can wait for it) but the only way to really steal your music off of it is to ssh into it... which means a jailbreaking. You can restore it right back when you're done and leave no visible trace of possibly violating your warranty, and it wouldn't take too long to accomplish. Just make sure its plugged into a power source and grab it all out.

I decided that all that work with tagging an sorting music was worth 25 bucks so I purchased Imtoo iPod backup utility for windows and backed it up. The hardest part was finding a windows machine.

It's crazy how there is still not a free method to do this without jailbreaking and no way to do this on a mac.

cioxx
Jul 14, 2001

GWBBQ posted:

If anyone hasn't tried iShoot Lite yet, it's free from the app store and is awesome. I hadn't gotten any paid apps yet, but after five minutes of the lite version, I decided I would buy it even if it were $10; it turned out to be $3 and I've already played for a good 6 hours since yesterday afternoon.

That game rules so hard. I've wasted crazy amounts of time with it already.

• Locked thread