Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
Is it possible to open up a link to a video file on an ipod touch?

I used visualhub to convert a file to mp3 which played fine when synced through itunes, but when I've put it on a website and linked to it the browser shows the quicktime logo as if it's trying to play but then I get 'Error Playing Movie'.

Is there any way to achieve this?

Also, this is probably a very over-asked question but is a flash player on the horizon?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
Trying to get to a jailbroken 1.1.3.

I've downgraded to 1.1.1 and jailbroken it, and have installer.app.

At this point I know I should be running oktoprep, but installer.app doesn't list it. Other source son the net say the latest jailbreakme exploit renders this unneccessariy.

However, having upgraded to 1.1.2 and trying to run jailbreak.jar, it tells me I need to have run oktoprep first!

How do I get it? I keep finding I need 'community sources' but as far as i can tell, i already have them and there are no URLs to add to installer.app's sources list.

WTF should I do?

edit: 'tweaks 1.1.1' is missing from my list of installable packages

Pissflaps fucked around with this message at 11:54 on Feb 13, 2008

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
Well that was annoyingly simple. Thanks :)

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
Asking everywhere for this so might as well ask here:

Anybody know of an app - official or jailbroken - that will let me play MP3 files off a NAS using SMB (windows file shares).

I don't want to run a server on a computer, just switch on my little hard drive and have the music come out of my stereo via the ipod touch.

• Locked thread