Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BeastOfExmoor
Aug 19, 2003

I will be gone, but not forever.
On the topic of iPod Classic replacements..

It looks like iPod Classic 160GB models are selling for quite a handy price on the used market so I've decided to see if I can sell my 7yr old 6th generation and replace it with a cheap, but decent Android prepaid phone (I have both a Sharp Aquos Crystal and Moto E on the way to try out) with a 128GB MicroSD card. The loss of 32GB of space and hardware buttons will be lame, but I have WiFi at work and can use Plex. Maybe someone will come out with a reasonably priced 256GB MicroSD card one of these days.

Those Fiio X1/X3 players look really nice and reasonably priced, I just wish they'd gone with full sized SD card slots instead of micro. You can get 256GB SD cards for under $100.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BeastOfExmoor
Aug 19, 2003

I will be gone, but not forever.

Mooktastical posted:

They sell adapters, but I haven't used one.

Holy poo poo! I had looked multiple times without luck, but I finally found a couple on eBay. I already have a 128GB MicroSD card in the mail, otherwise I'd be tempted to try this. Probably a nightmare to try to fit in a backplate of a phone though.

• Locked thread