Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Oae Ui
Oct 7, 2003

Let's be friends.
I tried out the new gpSPhone and it's certainly a big improvement over the old version. However unlike SuperCaptainJ I've not had such good luck with the controls. I find anything that requires any kind of precision or quick response on the d-pad to be completely unplayable. RPGs are about the only thing I can handle and even then it sometimes gets pretty frustrating.

The author recommends putting your thumb in the middle of the virtual d-pad and moving it in the direction you want to go, but sometimes I get no response, other times it'll go in the opposite direction, and when it does work it stays pressed in that direction even when I slide my thumb away. About the only way I can use it is just by doing quick and deliberate taps. I'm not sure if I have giant thumbs or what but this is very difficult to use and there's no way Mario Kart would be playable for me.

Also, keep in mind that anything that requires you to use the L/R buttons while using the A/B buttons and the d-pad is going to require some contortion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oae Ui
Oct 7, 2003

Let's be friends.

smug forum rear end in a top hat posted:

Anyone have insight into a release date for these new models? This might be my first iPod in six years and I'm kind of excited about it. :3:

Users on other forums are reporting that stores in LA and other major CA cities don't have them and aren't giving any information about when they'll be available. If they're not available in major cities like LA I doubt they're available anywhere except the online store right now. I'm still going to wait and pick one up locally though. I'd be surprised if stores didn't have them by the weekend and ordering from Apple's online store won't get one to me that quickly.

• Locked thread