Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OptimusMatrix
Nov 13, 2003

ASK ME ABOUT MUTILATING MY PET TO SUIT MY OWN AESTHETIC PREFERENCES
Want a new battery charging symbol that looks like this? Here you go.

To get this do the following:

Add this source in installer:
http://homepage.mac.com/reinholdpenner/111.xml

Restart installer and there will be a new category called AlohaSoft Graphics and in there will be Aqwoah Battery, install it and check out your new battery. There will also be a calculator replacement skn and it looks fantastic.

Uninstalling it restores your previous battery image.

DO NOT INSTALL THE keyboard replacement it is having problems being uninstalled so beware if you install and want the original back you might have to have a backup of the original.

Here is the thread that explains how to replace your battery screen with something different.
http://www.ipodtouchfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6282

OptimusMatrix fucked around with this message at 18:46 on Nov 25, 2007

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OptimusMatrix
Nov 13, 2003

Lawnie posted:

EDIT: Just a quick question: what's the little plastic thing that comes with it for?

It's a stand for when it's in landscape mode for watching videos.

OptimusMatrix
Nov 13, 2003

Toiletbrush posted:

Any of you guys encoded videos for the iPod with tools other than lovely Quicktime?

I'm done experimenting video quality with MEncoder while hammering everything into the profile the iPod supports. I'm hoping for B-frame support in the next gen iPod though.

My video pass options look like this, doing two passes with turbo mode on first pass:

code:
-vf scale=480:-2 -ovc x264 -x264encopts bitrate=640:bframes=0:nocabac:trellis=1:subq=6:me=umh:frameref=2
I'm not even sure if 640kbit is way too high for 480x320 (or less vertical), but since this is a power drain test video, anyway, I'm only going to try lower bitrates later on.

I was under the impression that Videora was SOP. It works fantastic. You can line up a bunch of videos and it will encode them over night. It's got tons of different selections.
http://www.videora.com/en-us/Converter/iPod-touch/

OptimusMatrix
Nov 13, 2003

I don't know if this has been discussed before but if you are using the lock function on your touch and you're listening to music and you want to forward a track without hitting the home button and sliding to unlock if you just hit the home button twice it will come up with the functions to go forward or backward and volume control.

• Locked thread