Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Brekelefuw
Dec 16, 2003
I Like Trumpets
So I just bought a 4g iPod touch. I have filled two iPod classics and this is my first time using IOS.

I manually drag all my of music over to my iPod because I don't store it on my computer, and I have never had a problem with my Classics.
With the Touch, it doesn't recognize some of my album titles. The info shows up just fine in iTunes, but when I go to check it on the ipod the album shows up as unknown album under the artist name. Is there a way I can make it not do that? OR, is there an app where I can edit the mp3 tags on the actual device.

I am thinking of selling the iPod because it is a hassle each morning to check my iPod after I load it up to see if it has added the files correctly. There are also a number of other things I hate about IOS so far, but this one is the biggest issue to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brekelefuw
Dec 16, 2003
I Like Trumpets
I am using iTunes, but the iPod for some reason isn't loading the album titles when the music is put on to the iPod.
The music hasn't left my computer yet, and I have never had my old iPods not contain all the id3 info the music was ripped or purchased with.

Brekelefuw
Dec 16, 2003
I Like Trumpets

IUG posted:

Alright, sorry. I just see a lot of people who try to use iPods as dropboxes for mp3 files, rather than using iTunes.

Are you sure the field you are using for albums isn't a "Sort By Album"? Otherwise, when iTunes itself gets buggy with albums (splitting them in two for example), I will select all the songs on that album, add a space to the end of the album title, and then remove it. So "The Colour And The Shape" to "The Colour And The Shape ", then back to the first one. This will make iTunes re-write the album tags, and then I change it right back.

I don't use sort by albums. The ipod is new and there are only 5 albums on it so far. 3 of which show up with correct tags in iTunes, but show up as unknown album on the device.

• Locked thread