Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sirbeefalot
Aug 24, 2004
Fast Learner.
Fun Shoe

tuna posted:

Just a heads up because it confused the gently caress out of me before: When you download dictionaries, you have to manually check them inside WeDict by tapping on the "i" information icon. This inappropriate icon also may or may not open at all unless you've tapped it about 30 times, and by then you're tapping so fast you'll hit the "done" button that loads up directly behind it and have to start all over again. Before I managed to work out the "i" thing I just presumed the application really sucked.

Jesus, I was wondering why nothing was giving me results. Thanks for this. This 'feature' wasn't in the previous version I was using before I had to restore the iPod.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sirbeefalot
Aug 24, 2004
Fast Learner.
Fun Shoe
Is there any particular reason to be on 1.1.2 vs 1.1.1? I tried updating my jailbroken touch to 1.1.2 right after the fix was released, and something hosed up leaving me with a constantly rebooting Springboard. After much swearing, I restored it back to 1.1.1 and haven't looked into it since. Is there any good reason to try and update now? If/when a 1.1.3 jailbreak is released, I'll be on that for the updated Google Maps, but I'm not going to bother with 1.1.2 unless there's something I'm missing entirely.

sirbeefalot
Aug 24, 2004
Fast Learner.
Fun Shoe
Yeah, definitely. I liked the neon theme when i tried it a while ago, but it didn't have all the icons i needed. This looks hot.

sirbeefalot
Aug 24, 2004
Fast Learner.
Fun Shoe
Yep, it remembers any network you connect to, and saves keys for those with them.

sirbeefalot
Aug 24, 2004
Fast Learner.
Fun Shoe

Christoff posted:

Holy crap! Someone put all of wikipedia in a file and you can put it on your touch/iphone. Awesome! I'm downloading the 2 gig file now.

Let you guys know how it goes. I don't think there is pictures though.

Would linking us to this be :filez: ? If not, do it! :)

sirbeefalot
Aug 24, 2004
Fast Learner.
Fun Shoe

explosivo posted:

Isn't there an IR port in front of the touch? Is there a way to control it using a Mac remote?

Its an ambient light sensor, not IR.

sirbeefalot
Aug 24, 2004
Fast Learner.
Fun Shoe
As the likelihood of iPhone 4 coming to Sprint is approximately, uh, zero, I am eagerly awaiting the iPod Touch 4. :D

Every single time I use my 1st gen anymore, I run into a situation where I want to adjust the volume, and it always ends up being cumbersome as hell. Can't wait to have physical, dedicated buttons for that.

sirbeefalot
Aug 24, 2004
Fast Learner.
Fun Shoe
I keep considering doing something "unique" with my 1st gen 16 GB to make it a little more appealing to sell, like plating the back with some neat metal or something, then I realize I wouldn't even get enough for it to cover the cost of doing that in the first place. :(

I can't even pass it down to my brother anymore like I used to do when I wanted to upgrade something, he's got better poo poo than me at this point.

sirbeefalot
Aug 24, 2004
Fast Learner.
Fun Shoe

Jet Ready Go posted:

If I want to buy from Amazon, can I still buy extended applecare from the store separately?

Pretty sure all new Apple products come with their standard 1 year warranty regardless of where you actually purchase it from, and you can buy AppleCare any time within that first year. I think you may just have to register it when you get it.

sirbeefalot
Aug 24, 2004
Fast Learner.
Fun Shoe

jackpot posted:

I've got a touch, synced to my main computer. My wife has an mp3 folder (also on my computer) from her old computer, but she's never brought it into itunes. She wants to use my old ipod and put her music on it.

The thing is, I'm positively anal about how I have my music organized, and I don't want to introduce 1,500 new songs that I know aren't organized for poo poo. What I want is for this thing to basically let me have two different itunes libraries, so that I can sync my touch with the Jackpot library, and Mrs. Jackpot can sync her own ipod to her own library. Does that make sense? Is there an easier way to do this?

Hold down the option key when launching iTunes (if you're on a mac; its Shift on a PC).

sirbeefalot fucked around with this message at 03:10 on Feb 12, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sirbeefalot
Aug 24, 2004
Fast Learner.
Fun Shoe

TLG James posted:

I just did an online survey and they mentioned an ipod3d

What the gently caress is that?

Was it like "would you buy an iPod 3D?"

• Locked thread