Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise.
The Great Twist
Downloading iOS 8 as we speak, let's see how this goes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

The Great Twist

hedgecore posted:

For anyone with a 5th gen iPod Touch, how long did the iOS 8 update take to install?
I'm approaching two hours now and am afraid unplugging it will brick it.

Pretty sure it's verified, installed, and restarted, but has been stuck just before the end of the progress bar for quite a while now.

I'd say mine took probably 15-20 minutes. I think.

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

The Great Twist

1st AD posted:

Like a dummy I decided to buy a launch day iPhone 5s with the smallest storage available and this bit me on the rear end on a recent road trip where I spent hours without a decent LTE connection. Should I pick up a 64gb refurb iPod touch or just suck it up and buy a 64/128gb iPhone 6?

I really like my phone as it is and just need way more internal storage.

Depends on a couple things. First, how would you feel about carrying two devices around? I personally have a Touch and an Android phone and it doesn't bother me, but some people would rather just have one. Second is that the Touch is outdated technology. Of course you'd still have your 5S for apps and games and anything that takes real processing power. While it's just fine for music, if you watch a lot of movies you'd probably appreciate the 6's larger screen. And I guess the last thing is price. Just consider the difference between trading in your 5S for a 6 vs. the cost of a Touch.

• Locked thread