Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Off topic but gently caress that font in particular. Earlier today I saw a social media post about an upcoming music festival which used that font but wrapped it around a circular graphic and it was nigh unreadable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haschel Cedricson
Jan 4, 2006

Brinkmanship

The best shirt from the website was the one that said "CALVINIST... BY CHOICE!".

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Haschel Cedricson posted:

The best shirt from the website was the one that said "CALVINIST... BY CHOICE!".

that sounds like one of pat's bumper stickers

SgtScruffy
Dec 27, 2003

Babies.

Does anyone have the original full size :chanpop: image? Or at least a link to that page of the thread where there were massive Carol Channing pictures floating everywhere?

Bonus points if there's a full size actual :chanpop: with eyes popping, but I don't know if it was ever made in not-smiley-size

SgtScruffy has a new favorite as of 03:30 on Dec 18, 2022

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

SgtScruffy posted:

Does anyone have the original full size :chanpop: image? Or at least a link to that page of the thread where there were massive Carol Channing pictures floating everywhere?

Bonus points if there's a full size actual :chanpop: with eyes popping, but I don't know if it was ever made in not-smiley-size

https://www.somethingawful.com/comedy-goldmine/carol-channing-head/1/

I think this might be it?
https://www.alamy.com/new-york-ny-usa-20th-jan-2014-carol-channing-in-attendance-for-gentlemen-image65917532.html

Snowglobe of Doom has a new favorite as of 06:20 on Dec 18, 2022

SgtScruffy
Dec 27, 2003

Babies.

Bless you

Yoshimo
Oct 5, 2003

Fleet of foot, and all that!
Looking for a Goons With Spoons Goldmined post that was basically a goon trying to start a "post your breakfast recipes" style thread, only they decided to proudly post their "recipe" which was basically the steps for pouring a glass of orange juice. Goons of course smelled the blood in the water and just launched into them, with recipes for making ice, toast, cereal, etc.

Lady Demelza
Dec 29, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
Does anyone remember some drama from the Goon Doctor, probably from about 6 years ago, when a goon's wife suffered a catastrophic bleed and subsequent brain injury during surgery and he refused to accept it? At one point he literally shipped their daughter off to live with relatives in a different state so he could pursue some kind of cutting edge treatment that he had a GoFundMe for. A lot of the healthcare professionals were really frustrated at his asking for advice then dismissing any answers he didn't like. I remember it as becoming quite heated a couple of times but mostly his postings just made me feel sad.

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

When life gives you lemons, you clone those lemons, and make super lemons.

Dinosaur Gum
I really hope someone has the link because I think of that thread pretty often. And I think it was in gbs

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?
hey beautiful, anoxic that you’re ischemic. I never read this one because it bummed me out, but that pun is stuck in my head. Even though they changed the title at some point I guess

Lady Demelza
Dec 29, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

skasion posted:

hey beautiful, anoxic that you’re ischemic. I never read this one because it bummed me out, but that pun is stuck in my head. Even though they changed the title at some point I guess

That's the one, thank you. It was in GBS, so no wonder I couldn't find it.

In case anyone is interested, she did not recover and died about 18 months after the brain injury.

I did a bit of forums searching and he posted this in August 2022:

quote:

no a surgery didn't go correctly and her brain died

And then I found an online obituary for herhttps://www.legacy.com/obituaries/legacy/obituary.aspx?pid=186388549

:(

JnnyThndrs
May 29, 2001

HERE ARE THE FUCKING TOWELS
That’s sad but not terribly unexpected , I remember that thread well. :(

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

Women's Circuit Bender Union Local 34

Ugh, I remember that one too. It's a really rough re-read. Pages of mega posting all this medical stuff, talking about how he knows better than doctors, spending hours researching journals, then hours doing cognitive/physical therapy at home with the wife when the care facilities have shrugged and said "take her home, ain't nothing more we can do"... and little to no indication that he's spending any time with the 4yo daughter.

One of the few times he does mention the daughter is to say how she's excited about staying with her aunt. Well poo poo, I would be too, instead of living with a practically dead vegetable mom and a dad too busy playing "I'm a neurologist" to pay any attention me!

King Carnivore
Dec 17, 2007

Graveyard Disciple
I think you guys are being awfully hard on that guy. I’d probably lose my poo poo too if my partner was a brain dead vegetable that seizes occasionally. It’s just sad.

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface

King Carnivore posted:

I think you guys are being awfully hard on that guy. I’d probably lose my poo poo too if my partner was a brain dead vegetable that seizes occasionally. It’s just sad.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

King Carnivore posted:

Yeah. JFC if that happened to my wife, I’d probably be in denial too. That’s heartbreaking

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:

dee eight posted:

Was there a thread once upon a time wherein a goon posted pics from his dad's game trail camera and then put the ensuing photoshops back on dad's camera?
I remember some of the 'shops vaguely but I'm not sure about them going on dad's memory card for him to find.

random waffle find:

e: another

yet again

dee eight has a new favorite as of 04:47 on Mar 18, 2023

Manky Tungeon
Jun 11, 2018
Anyone remember a thread where a goon who was a high school teacher shared a comic by one of his students. It was a bizarre, extremely long apocalyptic story where the world was taken over by globs of living flesh. Really weird stuff for a kid to be drawing, now that I think about it maybe OP just drew it himself and lied about it. I think the title had the word "bio" in it.

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?

Manky Tungeon posted:

Anyone remember a thread where a goon who was a high school teacher shared a comic by one of his students. It was a bizarre, extremely long apocalyptic story where the world was taken over by globs of living flesh. Really weird stuff for a kid to be drawing, now that I think about it maybe OP just drew it himself and lied about it. I think the title had the word "bio" in it.

Bio Apocalypse

https://archive.org/details/bioapocalypse/page/n4/mode/1up

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!

Holy poo poo, I hope that kid got help. Or that OP got help.

Manky Tungeon
Jun 11, 2018

thanks dude :thumbsup: guess i remembered it wrong and the OP was actually the kid who drew it. that answers my idle speculation about how the kid turned out (he grew up to be a SA poster)

Manky Tungeon has a new favorite as of 23:43 on Feb 6, 2023

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Takes an unexpected turn into racism on page 18

E: Aside from the racism, there's a lot of quotable stuff here. "The giant fetus crawled out of the earth and caused a 9.0 earthquake. The wormoids also emerged"

:hmmyes:

Frank Frank has a new favorite as of 00:26 on Feb 7, 2023

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

dee eight posted:

random waffle find:

drat I needed this laugh so much after the dead wife series of posts, thank you.

Secks Cauldron
Aug 26, 2006

I thought they closed that place down!
I'm trying to find the old virgoons megathreads. I think they're from before 2013 and were originally posted in E/N. One of them, maybe the original thread, had this incredibly comprehensive post (or series of posts) by zamin about building self esteem. I had taken screenshots but those have been lost. I've been combing through archived E/N threads but haven't found anything yet. If anyone has any leads, thank you in advance :)

Abisteen
Sep 30, 2005

Oh my God what the fuck am I?
There was a goon made game called Crystalex. The poster who made it was named Orzo. You can find some posts and links to its zip file on some old sites but they're all dead. I don't think the game runs on modern systems anyway but I think about that game a lot. I had a lot of fun with it and it had awesome music. Honestly I just wish I could find the songs that were in it.

King Carnivore
Dec 17, 2007

Graveyard Disciple
I found orzo on Reddit and reached out to him there. I’ll keep you posted. Hopefully you’ll have a result soon, he is an active user.

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

SgtScruffy posted:

for some reason I always assumed that emote was michio kaku.

Orzo
Sep 3, 2004

IT! IT is confusing! Say your goddamn pronouns!

Abisteen posted:

There was a goon made game called Crystalex. The poster who made it was named Orzo. You can find some posts and links to its zip file on some old sites but they're all dead. I don't think the game runs on modern systems anyway but I think about that game a lot. I had a lot of fun with it and it had awesome music. Honestly I just wish I could find the songs that were in it.
Someone on Reddit PMed me. I can hook you up. Can you message me on discord at Orzo#6953?

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

King Carnivore posted:

I found orzo on Reddit and reached out to him there. I’ll keep you posted. Hopefully you’ll have a result soon, he is an active user.

Orzo posted:

Someone on Reddit PMed me. I can hook you up. Can you message me on discord at Orzo#6953?

:lol:

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

make sure to reply via twitter, abisteen

King Carnivore
Dec 17, 2007

Graveyard Disciple
If I get an .exe I’m going to host it on MySpace

Orzo
Sep 3, 2004

IT! IT is confusing! Say your goddamn pronouns!
I made contact in discord and we successfully set up an ICQ rendezvous.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

Orzo posted:

I made contact in discord and we successfully set up an ICQ rendezvous.

Should’ve just looked at each others profile pages and skipped the discord!

Jisae
Oct 1, 2004

What a bargain!

Big Centipede posted:

Does anyone remember that thread about the girl (I think she was German) who was cutting herself horrifically? I remember some goons found her name or something, but I don't remember how it all ended.

I know this is an ages old post but I swear I found this woman in stock photos! It looks like she's doing well and hasn't cut in a good long while :unsmith:

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

i was looking for something to send a friend as a joke as we bemoaned something stupid on the internet, and remembered an ancient gif of a dude dancing with INTERNET on it. I remembered it being in one of those lowtax speeches and i found the gif but for the life of me cannot find the actual file.

Anyone have this lying around still?

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

Tracking down a post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZW-WOzY6Lk

bless you polsy

The Chad Jihad has a new favorite as of 04:40 on Mar 25, 2023

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse
Looking for an old Harvest Moon Let's Play that was never added to the archive and I can't seem to find through forum search. It was a screen shot LP of the SNES version of the first Harvest Moon and the LPer played the player character, through added dialog, as an alcoholic gently caress-up and whenever he used the power up item (power berry, I think?) he would edit things to look like the player character was having some weird drug trip. I don't remember the user's name but I'm pretty sure I remember their avatar was official Harvest Moon art of the player character holding a radish and their avatar text was something like, "I grew the poo poo out of this radish". I wish I could remember the year but I'm reasonably sure this was a pre-2012 Let's Play

Happy Landfill has a new favorite as of 01:20 on Apr 5, 2023

Maigius
Jun 29, 2013

Happy Landfill posted:

Looking for an old Harvest Moon Let's Play that was never added to the archive and I can't seem to find through forum search. It was a screen shot LP of the SNES version of the first Harvest Moon and the LPer played the player character, through added dialog, as an alcoholic gently caress-up and whenever he used the power up item (power berry, I think?) he would edit things to look like the player character was having some weird drug trip. I don't remember the user's name but I'm pretty sure I remember their avatar was official Harvest Moon art of the player character holding a radish and their avatar text was something like, "I grew the poo poo out of this radish". I wish I could remember the year but I'm reasonably sure this was a pre-2012 Let's Play

I'm pretty sure you're looking for this: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2927840. Most of the images seem to be gone, and will require archives.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Happy Landfill posted:

If you don't have archives the wayback machine has an incomplete version of the thread

https://web.archive.org/web/20090220130713/https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2927840

edit: late by one minute

zetamind2000 has a new favorite as of 02:11 on Apr 5, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse

zetamind2000 posted:

If you don't have archives the wayback machine has an incomplete version of the thread

https://web.archive.org/web/20090220130713/https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2927840

edit: late by one minute

Maigius posted:

I'm pretty sure you're looking for this: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2927840. Most of the images seem to be gone, and will require archives.

This is it! Thanks, you guys rock :shobon: bummer about the images. I'm super sad this never got archived

edit: oh wow this was 2008, much earlier than I thought

Happy Landfill has a new favorite as of 02:43 on Apr 5, 2023