Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Cobra Cobretti starring Stallone, a question:

early in the movie, stallone drives home and some hispanic guys are in his spot on the sidewalk so he just shoves them away with his badass car. they of course get mad & stallone tears the main guys shirt off, and hes obviously wearing a wire (at least movie shorthand for one: white tape + black cord on chest). then next time they meet the guy has moved his car out of respect or something. its never mentioned again.

did they use body mics in movies in the early/mid 80s? like is it a goof or a plot point they changed?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     
I assume it's a goof. Maybe Sly ad-libbed tearing the guys shirt. I know in The Shining, Jack Nicholson is wearing a lav mic like that, since you see him using one in the making of documentary. So they were doing it at least as early as 1980.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Schweinhund posted:

I assume it's a goof. Maybe Sly ad-libbed tearing the guys shirt. I know in The Shining, Jack Nicholson is wearing a lav mic like that, since you see him using one in the making of documentary. So they were doing it at least as early as 1980.

drat. thanks. but drat i kinda like imagining a extra plot where idk IA is having him on observation via undercover vice guys from san diego or something

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

also whoa wrong thread so double thanks for answering lol

Bargearse
Nov 27, 2006

🛑 Don't get your pen🖊️, son, you won't be 👌 needing that 😌. My 🥡 order's 💁 simple😉, a shitload 💩 of dim sims 🌯🀄. And I want a bucket 🪣 of soya sauce☕😋.
I have a weird one I’m trying to find. Its an old ARG thread from the early-ish 2010s. All I really remember about it is the Svalbard seed vault featured heavily, part of the game involved tracking the movements of “melter fleets” and some goons got seed packages in the mail.

I’ve tried searching but haven’t had much luck.

That Dang Dad
Apr 23, 2003

Well I am
over-fucking-whelmed...
Young Orc
My buddy is looking for a classic comic from the SA forums days, it's the one about a DJ getting a free record and playing it and there's a guy eating a pizza wearing a t-shirt just says "RAP" on it. Any ideas?

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
A tangled skein of bad opinions, the hottest takes, and the the world's most misinformed nonsense. Do not engage with me, it's useless, and better yet, put me on ignore.

That Dang Dad posted:

My buddy is looking for a classic comic from the SA forums days, it's the one about a DJ getting a free record and playing it and there's a guy eating a pizza wearing a t-shirt just says "RAP" on it. Any ideas?

That's from a Jack Chick tract and I also have been looking for it!

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

credburn posted:

That's from a Jack Chick tract and I also have been looking for it!

Try https://chicktractsonline.blogspot.com/?m=1

empty baggie
Oct 22, 2003

There’s also the Chick tract thread: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3795280&perpage=40&pagenumber=1&noseen=1

How!
Oct 29, 2009

Apologies if this is the wrong thread for this.

Does anybody have the link for the Ask Me About Bartending thread?

Life has brought me back behind the bar after nearly a decade and that thread was good reading back in the day.

Thanks in advance, and again, sorry if this is the wrong thread.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
A tangled skein of bad opinions, the hottest takes, and the the world's most misinformed nonsense. Do not engage with me, it's useless, and better yet, put me on ignore.

Oh holy smokes this is a treasure trove

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

How! posted:

Apologies if this is the wrong thread for this.

Does anybody have the link for the Ask Me About Bartending thread?

Life has brought me back behind the bar after nearly a decade and that thread was good reading back in the day.

Thanks in advance, and again, sorry if this is the wrong thread.
Don't have a link to the thread and I'm not sure if it was originally posted in A/T or GWS, but the OP was James Woods so you might be able to find it with his username.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

That Dang Dad posted:

I did a GIS for 'a free record I'll play it' and the third hit was a post from me back in 2017 :v:

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

I found it by googling 'a free record I'll play it'

E: from memory it's a parody of a Chick tract and it was either LP back cover art or a comic insert.

Snowglobe of Doom has a new favorite as of 04:13 on May 11, 2023

How!
Oct 29, 2009

SubponticatePoster posted:

Don't have a link to the thread and I'm not sure if it was originally posted in A/T or GWS, but the OP was James Woods so you might be able to find it with his username.

Thank you!

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3500341&pagenumber=1&perpage=40

Is this it?

That Dang Dad
Apr 23, 2003

Well I am
over-fucking-whelmed...
Young Orc

I did a GIS for 'a free record I'll play it' and the third hit was a post from me back in 2017 :v:

E: from memory it's a parody of a Chick tract and it was either LP back cover art or a comic insert.

incredible, you came as an angel from heaven in my hour of need. Thank you!

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK
Does anyone remember the poster who had the redtext "I'M A WORTHLESS APPLE FANBOY AND I HATE CANON. SHOVEL HOT TAR INTO MY ANUS PLEASE"?

(Apple and Canon might be the other way around, perhaps.)

The accompanying avatar was a dude with bad acne.

edit: it was Casao

Weatherman has a new favorite as of 04:22 on May 15, 2023

CherryCola
Apr 15, 2002

'ahtaj alshifa
So kind of silly, but I cannot for the life of me find my very first post on the forums. It would have been within a day or two of my regdate back in 2002 and was a response to my prom date (someone I'm actually still friends with) putting me on blast for getting a boyfriend. Another friend PRINTED OUT that post, brought it into school and helped me buy an account, so I could post my rebuttal. I've tried searching archives and I've come up with nothing. I can't remember if the thread was made by my friend or what. Maybe it wasn't actually archived and is just lost forever?

Anyway, if someone is better at searching for this stuff than I am, I just thought it woud be neat to look back at.

MarioOnTheComputer
Feb 5, 2002

It's from an album by The Locust, and it has nothing to do with SA, despite Lowtax deciding he was going to sell the "rap" shirts on this website. I always had a problem with him brazenly profiting off this thing that had nothing to do with him or his website.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016

MarioOnTheComputer posted:

It's from an album by The Locust, and it has nothing to do with SA, despite Lowtax deciding he was going to sell the "rap" shirts on this website. I always had a problem with him brazenly profiting off this thing that had nothing to do with him or his website.

Wow, I never knew that happened; I also thought it was from a Chick Tract, and I also have wanted to get a t-shirt made that just says RAP on it.

Come on, Lowtax, that's some ebaumsworld poo poo. You're better than that. Do better.

e: say, does anyone remember, there was a news video of a goon in Portland whose car was discovered to be on fire. He was quoted as saying something like, "Suspicious!" and I remember it being a funny thing back in the day. Anyone know where this news report is / the thread surrounding it?

credburn has a new favorite as of 19:05 on May 29, 2023

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

There used to be a 'post your etsy' thread in some crafting sub or maybe SA mart but I can't find it?

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
What on earth was the story with the periscope dick?

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Milo and POTUS posted:

What on earth was the story with the periscope dick?

It was a dick that looked like a periscope. Just a funny image.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Yeah but didn't it get posted a whole bunch after a forum drama event, maybe even something lowtax related? I was just wondering if they were related, it was all very strange

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Milo and POTUS posted:

Yeah but didn't it get posted a whole bunch after a forum drama event, maybe even something lowtax related? I was just wondering if they were related, it was all very strange

It was posted in the Peace thread, a thread created for FYAD refugees and during the Troubles, by Black August, who also posted a bunch of other hosed-up dicks.

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002
Incredibly unlikely anyone else will remember this, but in 2002-2003 or thereabouts, there was a website that I remember being exposed to here. I do not remember the content of the site, but I remember that it had garish design and something like mouse cursor trails or a gif following your mouse or bouncing around. I believe the site was made intentionally poorly.

The most important aspect was a looping sound file of a non-descript drum break with somebody obnoxiously going "AW YEAH! AW, AW, AW YEAH!!" over it.

Does anyone have any idea what I'm talking about? I'm sure the site no longer exists in any form, I'm just hoping to remember the name or subject

Bondematt
Jan 26, 2007

Not too stupid

ALFbrot posted:

Incredibly unlikely anyone else will remember this, but in 2002-2003 or thereabouts, there was a website that I remember being exposed to here. I do not remember the content of the site, but I remember that it had garish design and something like mouse cursor trails or a gif following your mouse or bouncing around. I believe the site was made intentionally poorly.

The most important aspect was a looping sound file of a non-descript drum break with somebody obnoxiously going "AW YEAH! AW, AW, AW YEAH!!" over it.

Does anyone have any idea what I'm talking about? I'm sure the site no longer exists in any form, I'm just hoping to remember the name or subject

I have no idea what your thing is, but this made me think of YTMND.

https://nedry.ytmnd.com/ - It is quite loud of course.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Bondematt posted:

momspaghetti

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002
I might have specified that it was definitely not a YTMND site, but I forgot.

HellOnEarth
Nov 7, 2005

Now that's good jerky!
I am once again looking for a story from one of the old scary stories threads. It was about an old boyscout camp that has since been abandoned due to like various incidents at the camp? There were several stories.

For some reason, I think there was also a story about two bears or bear-like things in the woods fighting?

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

HellOnEarth posted:

I am once again looking for a story from one of the old scary stories threads. It was about an old boyscout camp that has since been abandoned due to like various incidents at the camp? There were several stories.

For some reason, I think there was also a story about two bears or bear-like things in the woods fighting?

You might try these two links:

https://nothotbutspicy.com/para/

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0ewg1vr4xl8i7l6/It%20Is%20A%20Mystery.pdf - 324 page PDF on DropBox

HellOnEarth
Nov 7, 2005

Now that's good jerky!

Thank you! It's in that Dropbox story under Camp Hell.

womb with a view
Sep 8, 2007

Bondematt posted:

Speaking of YTMND I have been trying to find one that my idiot teenage friends and I used to send each other endlessly. It's one of those Ted Stevens Series of Tubes song remixes but there are a million of those so I can't find the right one. It uses clips from infamous speeches of the 00s like Bush's use of "internets" and Howard Dean's scream. Anybody know what I'm talking about?

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

This thread is for lost SA stuff, but there used to be a thread for lost internet stuff: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3005662

It's locked (and goldmined), but is there a current thread?

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

There's a white whale thread in gbs if you're looking for something lost. I think there's also a "lost internet" thread likewise in gbs that appears once every 4 months. I remember because I gave an answer to a game someone was looking for and they never had the decency to confirm it

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Thanks, I'll take a look.

King Carnivore
Dec 17, 2007

Graveyard Disciple
Here’s the current version of that thread.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Sweet, thanks!

Beer_Suitcase
May 3, 2005

Verily, the whip is ghost riding.

It feels silly to ask about your own posts but I can't find them in the archives.

2006 or 7 I took a bunch of Texas goons too a Christian Haunt that I participated in the past called House of Judgement. I swore it was in the goon meet threads but it has escaped my searching

And another GBS thread about posting weird flyers, 2009 or 10ish. I made a bunch with phrases like "I know where the real Gotham City is" and I posted a Google phone number on them in hopes to get weird voice mails

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Carnivore
Dec 17, 2007

Graveyard Disciple
This isn’t a golden bullet, but if you made the post yourself (rather than posting in a preexisting thread) and you remember the icon you selected and the subforum it was in, you can really cut down on the number of posts to look through by filtering by icon. Then if you remember even a single word or string from the title you can rapidly ctrl+f your way through the pages and years in the archives.