Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

when worlds collide
Mar 7, 2007

my feet firmly planted
on what, I do not know

th1rdeye posted:

There is a goon whose custom title is something like "Ask me about crippling my girlfriend" or something. Someone offhandedly mentioned in a different thread that they wanted to know how that thread concluded. I had never saw the original thread but my morbid curiosity lead me to search for it. Couldn't find it. Does anyone have a link?

I want to find out what happened there too. I started following it then got caught up in something that I can't remember now, and I want to know if we ever found out how he crippled her. I know it was a car accident but I can't remember if he was drunk or not. God is in the details and all that.

I will try looking for it because I have archives.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

qxz9p
Aug 15, 2005

your salmon tastes like happiness

pillow pants posted:

I've been looking for a images/pdf of Jer's parking ticket rebuttal. A request was posted in PYR but no one responded, and the original thread which has been goldmined has no working images.

This, oh god this. This thread was the reason I finally bought the account.

"Oh god how did this get here im not good with <insert thing here>" is something I still say to this day.

mailmanrob
Apr 17, 2006

mailmanrob has a new favorite as of 22:10 on Feb 16, 2022

afromizan
Jan 21, 2004

WoodrowSkillson posted:

2. Akin to the f-zero rant, does anyone have the rant about The Flash and how he is the most overpowered superhero ever?

"Now, I don't know how many of you dogs of the scurviest sea read comics, but I do a big pile of comics. One thing that blows my mind is how completely insane the powers in the DC universe are. Look at Superman. This guy has more powers than French restaurants have ways to say "your taste in wine is atrocious". He has powers to do with every part of his body and then some. He forgets powers sometimes. He can shoot heat rays out of his eyes, frost breath from his mouth and red son radiation from his rear end. He's that sort of crazy dude. All because he absorbs solar radiation.

Look at Batman. His power? The anti-power. Sure, he should be some tame, kung fun master of not much, but instead he's the hottest poo poo to ever poo poo on a plate. You got a power? He'll find your weakness and give you seizures or heart attacks. He'll light you on fire when you're sleeping or make you recharge your green lantern ring in the power outlet. Ten thousand volts of gently caress you batman. That's Batman.

But the loving Flash, my god, my loving GOD, this man has the greatest powers of all. If Superman's powers are being sucked off by twin super models and batman coming home to discover your wife is not only bisexual but has two friends she wants you to 'get in on' then the Flash is an orgy with a thousand women who also want to pay your World of Warcraft billing. And click the mouse for you. This man is just that loving hot. They have to power him down in the comics half the time just to keep him from doing everyone else's job.

Ok first off, he can travel at lightspeed. Mother gently caress! Not only does he travel at lightspeed, but time slows down for him. So he feels like he's having a casual jog or reading the paper, meanwhile, his feet are moving so fast you can hear him coming from Montana while he's already gotten to Arizona. That's loving fast. But wait! The ability to move at Lightspeed just isn't loving enough!

I know! Christ this guy can punch you so many times in a second you've been hit five times in the cock and two times everywhere else. You think you're about to fight the Flash and then it hits you, for the last split second he's beaned your beanbags with more blows than you had sperm. But no, there's more!

The Flash can also vibrate through walls. Now last I heard, you can not move so fast you can vibrate through walls, so what actually happens is the Flash is so fast he can pick and choose the movement of his individual molecules and move them through other solid objects, phasing through solid matter like it ain't no thing. I mean you think a guy who runs at lightspeed would run into poo poo but no, the Flash just goes right through them. To top that with a cherry and some whipped cream (which the Flash made in like a millisecond, fucker) he can selectively choose to cause objects to be "okay" afterwards or loving EXPLODE. That's right. He can run through you and make you blow up by transfering kinetic energy into you. Like Jesus. IT's bad enough you can't hit this guy, but he doesn't even have to punch you. Now your testicles have exploded and you're thinking you're about to hit him. Jesus? Just give it up. He's the loving Flash.

Now imagine that somehow there's someone who can get around the Flash blowing your balls up secret ninja technique. Ok. He can also control the flow of energy between objects. This power makes no sense but basically he can throw a rock at you, and you think it's going slow and then he's like WHOOHOOO WIZARDLY FLASH POWERS and bam it's going at lightspeed. So he can throw seven million rocks at you in a second then make them all goes different speeds thus striking your nads with seven million rocks one after the other.

But wait! There's more! He can also take energy from the very power of speed and make clothes out of it. Yes. Flash makes his pants out of GOES FAST. The man is so fast he can make Flash pants that GOES FAST go right into. I don't even start to understand the physics of that but basically SPEED == REALLY TIGHT UNDERWEAR AND COOL LIGHTNING THINGIES OVER THE EAR. You would think this is the end of it but ok let's say Flash is fighting Superman and poo poo he's going to lose and gently caress how is Superman THIS loving strong? I don't know he must be Superman fused with Batman into some sort of guy with tons of plans on how to punch you far harder than anyone else ok to end it off the Flash can GO BACK OR FORWARD IN TIME ON COMMAND.

How do you beat this dude? You're thinking you're hashing him good, laying down the beatdown, missing your balls and suddenly BAM YOUR MOM FELL DOWN THE STAIRS TWENTY YEARS AGO and there's a dent in your forehead and Superman not thunk so gud no more. Actually she didn't fall down the stairs the Flash put speed into them so they fell up her! gently caress you Flash! You moved the stairs to Soviet loving russia! RUSH-A! Bitch.

Oh, and lastly his greatest power is he isn't fast in bed. He takes it slow and gets all the ladies with his superpowers then actually satisfies them in the sack. Who the Hell is this guy? You'd think he could AT LEAST be a premature ejaculator since his penis is moving at lightspeed but NOOOO he's even good in bed.

And that, ladies and gentlemen, is why Wolverine sucks cock and should go die in a freak greasefire."

Sorry I didn't realize how huge this was until just now and I don't have a link.

stitchy
Apr 19, 2005
sQuawk
Whatever happened to that goon who remembered some chick he'd known as a teenager (Lacey something) who no one else remembered, like she never existed or something.

Did he find her in the end?

FirstPlayer
Jan 1, 2007

Beat me up and earn
fifteen respect points

Cichlid the Loach posted:

I think there might have been two of these. One of them, at least, was tutoring a college classmate of his, and in a heartwarming twist, that classmate's father just happened to be a dentist or dental surgeon. The father extracted the guy's diseased teeth and I think even got him dentures as "payment" for the guy tutoring his son.

I remember the guy writing that the dentist warned him that it would hurt, but pretty much the chronic pain was so bad already that the pain of extraction didn't even break through. All he felt was instant relief.

I'm pretty sure the latter was Humper Monkey.

stitchy
Apr 19, 2005
sQuawk

FirstPlayer posted:

I'm pretty sure the latter was Humper Monkey.

Wasn't one of them HollisMason, and the other some kid who had worn lovely braces for way to long?

NIKO MY CUZIN
Sep 13, 2005

by Fistgrrl
anyone remember the thread in fyad (or somewhere else) where a goon pretended to be robin williams, even going as far as to photoshop a picture of holding a piece of paper that said the forum name? everyone believed it for awhile until some member found the original unaltered image on goolge image search

tyk00n
Sep 25, 2006

College Slice
What was the outcome of the 'juggalos' who were setting their friend on fire? I was hoping for disaster, but the thread seemed to vanish on me one day.

Lauren
Apr 13, 2002
The fucking whipshit of all fucking shitter-bongers

stitchy posted:

Wasn't one of them HollisMason, and the other some kid who had worn lovely braces for way to long?

HollisMason was the one that was going to do self-dentistry until the father of the guy he was tutoring fixed his teeth as a thank you gift. I do believe there was another similar story, though. I also remember the guy that had his teeth ruined from his braces. It's hard to forget stories like that because it was almost traumatic to read them.

Exi7wound
Aug 22, 2004

LOGANO
Remember my name... you'll be screaming it later.

michael30404 posted:

Ask and you shall receive:

http://members.cox.net/michael30404/Parking/page22mh.jpg

Jesus christ... That is still amazing. Thanks.

Sith Happens
Jun 7, 2005

You will find that it is you
who are mistaken.

About a great many things.

michael30404 posted:

Ask and you shall receive:

http://members.cox.net/michael30404/Parking/page22mh.jpg

afromizan posted:

The Flash story

Those two posts have had me laughing so hard that I had to close the door to my office. Great stuff!

SixFigureSandwich
Oct 30, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Setzer Gabbiani posted:

Some permabanned guy posted an SA thread generator back in 2003 and 2005 and it was the best thing ever, anyone save the link to it? Or the thread? Archives couldn't find anything

I saved the links to them, but I think that one day the page just died. I've got no idea if there's still a copy online somewhere, but I'd love to have it, because it was spot-on. Multiple forums, as well. GBS, Games....

Humpert
Jan 12, 2007
Don't fear me, I'm just like you. But giant!
There was a thread awhile back from before I had an SA account about some guy who was a pusher in New York, I belive the title was "Waiting for the man".
I have been looking for that one for quite some time now but the lack of a search function at the moment makes it abit harder. Does anyone remember this one?

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Two things:

1) From a make your own magazine cover PhotoShop thread, the cover of a magazine for people with lazy eye. I remember the cover saying "Is she looking at me? Should I go over and talk to her?"

2) The thread that became image macros of old people in power scooters. Hopefully the images still work.

CaptainCrunch
Mar 19, 2006
droppin Hamiltons!
The earliest thread I remember reading was about a guy who was going across the US and was crashing on various goon's couches. He had photos and I liked the style of his travelogue. Unfortunately it turns out he was AWOL from the Army or Marines (Marines, I think. Camp Pendelton rings a bell) and he ended up back in facing charges. I never found out what happened to him (Levenworth?) and have no idea what his name was.

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

I'M A BIG DORK WHO POSTS TOO MUCH ABOUT CONVENTIONS LOOK AT THIS

TOVA TOVA TOVA

Daemoxx posted:

There was a thread back in 01 or 02 where some guy posted a picture of himself in a horrible jacket he'd been given, and it turned into a photoshop thread.

Guy looked like an electric toothbrush.

Anyway, it was my first introduction to SA, been lurking ever since. It was goldmined then, I've tried going back and searching for it but I can't find the thread. Lost all my saved pictures of it with my old computer, too.

Anyone remember/know where to find this thread?

Could that horrible jacket have been described as looking like a triangle? I know another goon who has been looking for that thread for like four years, and I do not think he has ever had any luck.

stitchy posted:

Whatever happened to that goon who remembered some chick he'd known as a teenager (Lacey something) who no one else remembered, like she never existed or something.

Did he find her in the end?

How do we know you are not making up the goon that made up a girl he knew? :mad:

Actually, I think I remember that thread, and wondered myself how it turned out after losing track of it.

Man_Sauce
Jan 1, 2005

How Far to Paradise?
I lost my all my good SA mp3's and stuff a few months back

I would really like to get the Futhman mp3's and I wouldn't mind getting the 8-bit renditions of various popular songs that was done; or the guitar / multitracked mp3's of old 8-bit, etc. game songs.

Dreadneck
Nov 20, 2001

This is byob actual, launch the alert drunkposters.
I still want to know who did the song Birdfucker. I swear and everyone I know swears that it's Steve Burns.

stubblyhead
Sep 13, 2007

That is treason, Johnny!

Fun Shoe
I think this might have been a JeffK update, but I don't totally remember. It was a (poorly-drawn) web comic called something like "Mommas, let your babies grow up to be Jeff Bezos." It was basically about how wonderful Amazon was and what a great man Jeff Bezos was for starting it. This was around 2002 or so I think.

Auracounts
Sep 21, 2006

Zook posted:

What happened to the guy whose girlfriend got caught up in the Southwestern Company bookfield crap? That was intense.

I would like to know what happened with this as well.

I am also curious about the guy who got an I-Phone from cellphonehut. I know he closed the thread pending further activity and promised to update at some point in the future, but now I cannot even find the original thread and it seems to have fallen off my bookmarks.

E;f,b. Gogo reading skills! Someone posted right above the guy I quoted asking about Cellut dude. The masses want to know!

Auracounts has a new favorite as of 19:05 on Dec 3, 2007

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006

Windows 98 posted:

There was a photoshopping thread where someone posted the supposedly first ever film, it was just of a man walking. It went gold at 35 posts and only 1 submission by the OP, though it progressed into quite an awesome thread. Anyone have a link?

"Roundhay Garden"

http://archives.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?s=cd696203ab6fb2eb3e7e6ad409993c23&threadid=1961758&highlight=roundhay+garden

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDOqJxCfO8Y

Reformed Tomboy
Feb 2, 2005

chu~~

Man_Sauce posted:

I lost my all my good SA mp3's and stuff a few months back

I would really like to get the Futhman mp3's and I wouldn't mind getting the 8-bit renditions of various popular songs that was done; or the guitar / multitracked mp3's of old 8-bit, etc. game songs.

If I remember right, the first ones made were taken down because of copyright issues or something. Sadly, I don't have any of those, but Mafialligator just posted his second 8-bit christmas album.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2700465

Trollipop
Apr 10, 2007

hippin and hoppin
Does anyone remember the thread where the OP lived next to a lake and people would fly over and drop packages in the lake and people would go pick it up? Real or not, that was an interesting thread I really wanna know what happened :(

minato
Jun 7, 2004

cutty cain't hang, say 7-up.
Taco Defender

Humpert posted:

There was a thread awhile back from before I had an SA account about some guy who was a pusher in New York, I belive the title was "Waiting for the man".
I have been looking for that one for quite some time now but the lack of a search function at the moment makes it abit harder. Does anyone remember this one?
This one turned out to be fake.

Encryptic
May 3, 2007

afromizan posted:

Flash is the most overpowered super-hero rant

OK, I have to admit that's pretty funny.

MOM'S #1 GOON
Apr 10, 2007

by Fistgrrl

monsieur fatso posted:

Whatever happened to the guy who was going to start pulling out his teeth because they were all rotting out, and he couldn't afford to see a dentist?

I didn't see this one answered yet, so I'll give it a shot.

The guy, Hollismason, ended up getting treatment, according to a goon who answered the same question in a similar thread. He was supposed to make a follow-up thread about it, but it never came. I hope he's doing okay :(

Pancreas
Sep 1, 2007
RAPING WOMEN IS AWESOME AS LONG AS THE RAPIST HATES AMERIKKKA AND IF YOU DISAGREE YOU'RE A GODDAMNED FASCIST FEMINAZI WHO PROBABLY EVEN THINKS THOSE STUPID BITCHES SHOULD HAVE THE RIGHT TO VOTE

THIS IS WHAT I REALLY BELIEVE

Thank you SO much for this. It's one of the funniest things I've ever seen in these forums.

I know it seems long (18 mins), but I recommend it to everyone.

Gnarly Bae Jepsen
Jul 12, 2007

Manic Pixie Dick Girl

Pancreas posted:

Thank you SO much for this. It's one of the funniest things I've ever seen in these forums.

You're right, it's well worth it. Are there any other commentary videos like it, or is that one the only one?

Humpert
Jan 12, 2007
Don't fear me, I'm just like you. But giant!

minato posted:

This one turned out to be fake.

Aw, that's too bad. But then again what doesn't turn out to be fake these days? Was still a pretty drat entertaining read like most of those kind of threads.

Victorian Gentleman
Nov 24, 2007
You sir clearly have no etiquette
Here's a bigger request but anyone remember that huge assorted art torrent posted on GBS last year? If anyone can upload it and seed it again that would be awesome.

alucinor
May 21, 2003

Taco Defender

Pons posted:

Fantasy Island

Anyone ever know what happened to Adaptive Systems? The guy was a genius.

It's not in the live Goldmine anymore, but here is a page with a link to a saved version (not mine).

adaptive systems posted:

First of all, have you ever tried to cum in a 750-microliter eppendorf tube? It’s not easy.
I think this was the line that made me join SA.

Adaptive Systems used to post in CC every now and again. For absolutely no good reason, I always think it's him when I see a post by Epic Proportions. I get all excited and then feel so let down when I realize it's just ol' EP.

blippyblop
Aug 5, 2004

Pancreas posted:

Holy poo poo, that was hilarious. Where is the original thread for this?

blippyblop has a new favorite as of 21:57 on Dec 3, 2007

Silver
May 12, 2001

Suzuki lover number one!

jedite333 posted:

I ask for this file on every "lost stuff" thread and no one seems to remember it, but I guess it couldn't hurt to keep asking...

There was an mp3 file wayyyy back in the olden days of SA (before the forums were pay-per-account) here on the forums that I've been looking for forever. It was a dancey techno song, with a robot voice announcing he was "not gay not gay n-o-t-g-a-y notgay," and talking about "prawns." Yes, it's stupid, I know, but my friend and I still talk about it and use it as an injoke even to this day and I think it would be cool to find it again.

Anybody?

I really really want to hear this.

Silver Gadget
Apr 17, 2006

Does anybody know the real name of the Goon who made an instrumental rock album in which he played every instrument and then put the different parts together with a music editing program? I believe his first name is Kevin and one of the songs on the album is “this world” or something like that

OzFactor
Apr 16, 2001

Silver Gadget posted:

Does anybody know the real name of the Goon who made an instrumental rock album in which he played every instrument and then put the different parts together with a music editing program? I believe his first name is Kevin and one of the songs on the album is “this world” or something like that

Kevin Carafa. http://www.last.fm/music/Kevin+Carafa and http://myspace.com/catchymyspaceurl

I don't remember his SA name, though. But I do still have the album. It's pretty good.

Jesus of Funkytown
Jun 15, 2006
Let's get jiggy wit' it
Whatever happened to the thread a few weeks ago where the Camwithher.com sued some guy for allegedly reposting copyrighted material? And the goons all told him that she couldn't do anything and she was just making empty threats and then it turns out that she was really suing her?

I looked for it all over the place, including the Gas Chamber, but I can't find it anywhere.

Helpppp :D

Dictator.
May 13, 2007

#Blessed

I'm looking for the first thread I read on these forums. It must be about 3 years old. It was basically about 2 goons and a digital camera, doing anything other goons suggested.

Eventually a cute neighbourgirl and a man made from a broomstick with a plate for its' face entered. She got an account and there was a custom emoticon for the platebroomface.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Jesus of Funkytown posted:

Whatever happened to the thread a few weeks ago where the Camwithher.com sued some guy for allegedly reposting copyrighted material? And the goons all told him that she couldn't do anything and she was just making empty threats and then it turns out that she was really suing her?

I looked for it all over the place, including the Gas Chamber, but I can't find it anywhere.

He closed it, then a week later posted a Rant about how Google's tech support sucks. In the midst of it he figured out how to recover his password, and when he got in he saw that whoever broke into his Gmail account (from a camwithher.com forum thread that was deleted) deleted all of his emails.

I don't think there was any actual lawsuit, at least from CWH.com folks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheState
Mar 1, 2007

Dave, promise me one thing: next Christmas, let's take the bus.

Jesus of Funkytown posted:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2691378&highlight=