Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?
There was a thread where a guy put weird (bright pink?) fliers in public places and posted pics. Big thread, super popular, can't remember what it was called.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Syd Midnight posted:

Dude you're going to have to be way more specific than that

It's the guy who lived in a decaying trailer with a rotten floor and at least one ill trained pet while dropping the better part of $2k on a new gaming rig, and CPS came in when his small child got up in the morning, left the house and (iirc) attempted to walk to school.

The dude definitely got his poo poo together, for a while he had red text about his slovenly life and then someone changed it to "E/N success story" when he got his kids back. Can't remember the username though.

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

It was a joke about anoxic/ischemic. Think the title got changed at some point. Idk if his wife ever wound up dead, I ditched the thread a couple pages in because holy poo poo that is depressing.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3765351

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

A couple months ago in GBS there was a thread devoted to really weird YouTube channels, including some where a bunch of people were posting like hosed up fetish poo poo in Disney-themed videos that bizarre internet people were apparently using to stalk kids or something? These videos aren’t what I’m looking for, I just mention it because it was a memorably weird thing about this thread in particular which I now can’t find.

Anyway I’m not really looking for the thread itself, rather it was in this thread that someone posted a link to a completely different sort of channel that was exclusively composed of short (10-90 seconds) black and white videos of nothing in particular soundtracked with weird electronic music. There were LOTS of these videos, like 20 or more a month for the last couple years. They were named in all caps with spaces between letters, and usually one or two letters in the name would be replaced by like some weird ASCII character, and the video descriptions were like nonsense Markov text. The names didn’t have anything to do with the videos as far as I remember. The videos were a mix of like security camera footage, wide shots of landscapes and buildings, and just plain static. The music was just blaring, non stop synthesizers droning. Does anyone else remember this, or know of the channel in question?

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Nomadic Scholar posted:

Tbh it just sounds like he's looking for some sort of vaporwave channel. I have no idea which one you'd want though.

I wouldn’t have called it vaporwave. No beats, no colors, no 80s/90s nostalgia. Seemed more like someone’s extremely eccentric art project.

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

skasion posted:

A couple months ago in GBS there was a thread devoted to really weird YouTube channels, including some where a bunch of people were posting like hosed up fetish poo poo in Disney-themed videos that bizarre internet people were apparently using to stalk kids or something? These videos aren’t what I’m looking for, I just mention it because it was a memorably weird thing about this thread in particular which I now can’t find.

Anyway I’m not really looking for the thread itself, rather it was in this thread that someone posted a link to a completely different sort of channel that was exclusively composed of short (10-90 seconds) black and white videos of nothing in particular soundtracked with weird electronic music. There were LOTS of these videos, like 20 or more a month for the last couple years. They were named in all caps with spaces between letters, and usually one or two letters in the name would be replaced by like some weird ASCII character, and the video descriptions were like nonsense Markov text. The names didn’t have anything to do with the videos as far as I remember. The videos were a mix of like security camera footage, wide shots of landscapes and buildings, and just plain static. The music was just blaring, non stop synthesizers droning. Does anyone else remember this, or know of the channel in question?

Oh, I managed to track this down (though not the thread where I found it) if anyone besides me cares.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKNW6jeGUfPUg_UsyAsTaPA

Extremely strange stuff.

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Spinster posted:

I checked out the star wars 911 Photoshop thread in the Comedy Goldmine after I saw it referenced a bunch of times, it was great, but I enjoyed the Matrix Christmas one linked inside even more.

Was there ever a Dune themed Photoshop thread? I'm into the original series of books and always find stuff related to it hilarious. If there was, please let this old lady know.

I want to say there was one based on the Dune movie tie-in coloring book, since I know of no other explanation for this picture

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

For a book you might have better luck with the “identify that story” thread in TBB.

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Luna posted:

There was a story from back in the early 2000s, I don't know if it originated here but it is where I found it. It's a guy tracking his friend through emails. There is something going on with the house. He ends up disappearing. It's something House, I want to say Diogenes House but that is not it but it is something like that.

Dionaea House, from the Latin name of the Venus flytrap.

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Was there a live thread for Killdozer as it was going down?

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Does one of those threads have the story about the handicapped guy who got the poo poo beaten out of him and robbed by the employees of a Jack in the Box drivethru

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Lord Zedd-Repulsa posted:

Does anyone have a link to the Photoshop Phriday that spawned "Those are my shoes, you are a dog"? My wife didn't know it originated here and I want to make her laugh.

https://www.somethingawful.com/comedy-goldmine/safety-message-from/1/

Also part two

skasion has a new favorite as of 03:25 on Jul 30, 2019

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Fuschia tude posted:

What's the original "Welcome 2 Imp Zone" video URL? It was a Doom custom wad on Youtube and had annotations IIRC

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=unEb9-UELV4 ?

Youtube killed annotations years ago so you're probably SOL with those

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

ScienceSeagull posted:

There's an old thread where someone found a self-pub book of short (like one page each) horror stories by a ten-year-old, and all of them were hilarious. I think they eventually managed to contact the author or his family. Anyone know what I'm talking about?

I remember this as the Luke Bavarious thread. Will try to dig it up

E: Ben Biddick’s “Horrors”.

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Not sure how SA adjacent this was but I think I first saw it here: does anyone know where to find an archive of a low-effort mid-00s webcomic called “Game Genies” where copy and pasted Genie (from Aladdin) and Shaq (from Kazaam) said racist stuff or talked about how the PS3 had no games or whatever?

I remember one or two of these being funny but the original site is long defunct as far as I can tell

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

PRADA SLUT posted:

Not from SA, but can anyone find that ridiculous image that got published after 911 about what the supposed Taliban hideout was like, and it was like some underground villains liar in the mountains with caves and secret entrances and poo poo a child would imagine?

This was a front page article/photoshop contest

https://www.somethingawful.com/photoshop-phriday/bin-ladens-mountain/1/

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

hey beautiful, anoxic that you’re ischemic. I never read this one because it bummed me out, but that pun is stuck in my head. Even though they changed the title at some point I guess

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Manky Tungeon posted:

Anyone remember a thread where a goon who was a high school teacher shared a comic by one of his students. It was a bizarre, extremely long apocalyptic story where the world was taken over by globs of living flesh. Really weird stuff for a kid to be drawing, now that I think about it maybe OP just drew it himself and lied about it. I think the title had the word "bio" in it.

Bio Apocalypse

https://archive.org/details/bioapocalypse/page/n4/mode/1up