Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BrutalDumpTruck
Aug 2, 2006
If you aren't angry, you're blind.
Ok, just got back from the Christmas gluttony. My parents live in a subdivision, and their neighbors' house is like 10 feet away. The neighbors in question have 3 dogs, who are left outside pretty much 24/7. (2 standard poodles and a little one or a puppy; only seen them in glimpses over the 6ft fence) These dogs let us know of their plight by barking. Constantly. Anyway, my mother is fed up with the barking and wants to get one of those ultrasonic anti-bark machines to put on the side of the house. The neighbors have done nothing to curb the barking, and don't seem to pay very much attention to the dogs at all.
OK, so here's the question; has anybody used one of these things before?

http://www.ultimatebarkcontrol.com/ds_pro.htm (the first example google spat out)

Is it cruel? Does it work? I don't know what I think about using what is supposed to be a training aid on somebody else's dogs, but there you go. Any advice is welcome; I'm gonna pass it along to the 'rents.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrutalDumpTruck
Aug 2, 2006
If you aren't angry, you're blind.
Recommend me some treats for cats/kittens (These are ~5mos). Somebody gave me some Feline Greenies Chicken flavor. The beasts in question enjoy them, and I don't see anything too objectionable on the ingredients label. They are eating Iams Kitten formula (dry) after I weaned them off the purina stuff they were on when I got them, and I wanted to feed some treats as well.