Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blue Scream
Oct 24, 2006

oh my word, the internet!
What do you do when your cat has a cold? Tater's been sneezing since last night, although otherwise he seems normal, energy- and activity-wise. Is there a cure for the common cold in cats, or do you just wait it out?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Scream
Oct 24, 2006

I'm going to bring this up again, just because it didn't get answered and because my kitty's still sneezing--not trying to be a pain in the balls, I just feel bad for him :( I called the vet and they said that as long as the discharge (snot) was clear-colored, which it is, he was probably okay. But he's been sneezing for a few days now, and is definitely more sluggish than usual, and less affectionate. Is this normal? It's never happened to him before, and I'm hoping I'm just paranoid.

Blue Scream
Oct 24, 2006

Dr. Housecat MD posted:

helpful :words:

Thanks, I'll look into that stuff. Appreciate it!

Blue Scream
Oct 24, 2006

Dr. Housecat MD posted:

Your cat is a Buddhist, trying to teach you to release your materialistic desires to reach a higher spiritual level.

My cat is a loving boddhisatva :(

edit for useful content: Have you tried a laser pointer, or some other interactive toy he can chase until he gets exhausted? A couple of sessions of that per day might help with his destructive energy.