Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

resting bort face
Jun 2, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
I'm a dumbass who doesn't know how to play with his cat.

Typo has been my kitty for about a year now (she was about six months old when I adopted her from my sister). Until recently she has been content to wrestle with my hand, or play with a sock or string dangled in front of her. The last game she seemed interested in was Attack the Christmas Ribbons. Now those games bore her. Anybody have some fresh ideas?

I only work 20 hours a week, but I feel bad about leaving her at home. I get bored enough in my own apartment; I can only imagine how bored she is. (Plus, I rarely let her out of the apartment, and even then I supervise.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

resting bort face
Jun 2, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Cuddlebottom posted:

You can buy a $5 laser pointer at the checkout counter of most pet stores. It drives most pets absolutely insane trying to kill it.

I'll have to try this. Others have said the same.

What about when I'm not around? What kind of toys might keep her occupied then?

resting bort face
Jun 2, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Can anyone recommend a drinking fountain for my cat? She's getting really stubborn about drinking from her bowl, and my old drinking fountain, which she loved, was a pain in the rear end to clean. It had all kinds of little nooks and crannies for dust and hair and grit to accumulate, and I'm specifically looking for a fountain that's easier to clean.

resting bort face
Jun 2, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Fire In The Disco posted:

Well, what kind of fountain was your old one? I use a Drinkwell and reservoir, and I don't find it that hard to clean, especially since I got a set of cleaning brushes made specifically for it.

If you have to buy a special set of cleaning brushes for it, then I don't think it's particularly well made!

I don't remember what my old brand was. It had a transluscent blue reservoir though.