Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dead Pikachu
Mar 25, 2007

I wish you were real.
I bought a Platy about 2 months ago. Upon putting it in the tank, I noticed it was really fat. I just assumed that it was pregnant and that it would have it's babies eventually. Two months go by and it's still very fat. Is it possible that it might not be pregnant after all? It has two bottom fins, so it is female. I was under the assumption that all female live-bearers bought from stores were pregnant.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dead Pikachu
Mar 25, 2007

I wish you were real.
I just bought a small 2-5 gallon aquarium heater (brand name: Jr. Aquatics) for my 3 gallon tank that holds one female Betta. I can't adjust the temperature, you just set it up in the water and plug it in. After buying it, I'm worried about the tank overheating. I heard somewhere that small tank heaters are known to kill fish. I'm thinking about returning it since the thermometer I bought with it says the tank's temperature is 78 degrees without the heater.

Should I trust this cheap heater? If so do I leave it plugged in while I'm not around/sleeping?

Dead Pikachu
Mar 25, 2007

I wish you were real.
My parent's cat over the past year has been peeing in the garage almost every night. They keep him in the garage at night for sleeping purposes, and let him stay inside when it's excessively cold or hot. There's a bed, food and water and of course a litterbox also in the garage. Occasionally he will poop outside the litterbox too.

Every time he does this outside the litterbox, my mother checks the litterbox to see if he's done anything in there. Sometimes he has, sometimes he hasn't. She cleans it twice a week so he's not doing it because it's dirty.

They went to the vet about it and all they said that they should add an extra litterbox in the garage. So they did, and he's basically completely ignoring it. My mother has also tried changing the litter to Feline Pine and it seemed to help a little bit. But he's still peeing.

I personally think it's because he used to be an indoor-outdoor cat and when he's in the garage he thinks he's "outside". I'm also worried he's got something wrong with his bladder. Let me also note that he is completely healthy, and has shown no signs of feeling sick.

Should we take him back to the vet because of this behavior?