Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RazorBunny
May 23, 2007

Sometimes I feel like this.

As long as he's getting enough exercise when they're home, his energy level shouldn't matter with crating. Just locking him in a room would accomplish the goal of making sure the roommate leaves him alone, but they might have issues with him being destructive. A crate is a nice safe space where they can give him a Kong or something and he can't chew up any furniture. Of course, if the destructiveness is due to the roommate teasing him, once he's away from the guy he might chill out and be fine to be left alone in a room.

Crate training is just a generally good idea, in my opinion. Having a dog who will go in a crate and hang out without going batshit is super useful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RazorBunny
May 23, 2007

Sometimes I feel like this.

Nerdfest X posted:

Is it OK for my cat to have a buildup of eye crust, or should I be removing it daily?

If the cat has been checked by a vet and doesn't have an infection or something, some cats just have gooey eyes and it doesn't really hurt them to have crusty corners.