Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain
Any tips on how to hold down your cat while you clip her nails? I got one paw and one nail on a second paw done before she just about killed me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain

mr. nazi posted:

How often should a cat poop? I've lived around cats growing up but never was responsible, and now that I've adopted one I'm slightly concerned because he has only pooped in the litterbox 3 times in the last week. He's definately eating, but not a lot. Maybe 1/3 cup of premium dry food a day (natural balance chicken and something). He did have a hairball that he puked up earlier today, would that cause him to not digest things he eats until he pukes it up?

My cat is on Innova Evo and she poops everyday, I would say, but understand that higher quality food causes the cat to poop less. Has she been acting weird? Is she still active? If she isn't eating a lot, have you tried giving her some wet food to se if she will eat that? Wet food gives them much needed moisture, too. Also, how does her poop look when she does poop? Is it firm or really runny like she might be sick? If she is still bouncing around and is acting fine and her poop is firm, I wouldn't worry too much about it. I would recommend going and picking up some wet food to see if she'll eat that, too. If you are worried about the hairball control, you can call the vet and get a medicine that is almost like a gel that helps lubricate the hairball and pass it through the system.

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain

mr. nazi posted:

Sneezing.

My cat sneezes every now and then too. I wouldn't worry too much about it. The vet gave her a shot but she still does rarely. As long as there isn't any discharge or coloration, I wouldn't be too concerned. Still watch it though.

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain

Saveremreve posted:

An easy way to reduce the fun of toilet paper is to put it on backwards so that the paper dangle from the back, that way when the cat bats at it its rolling up rather than out.

Its hard to explain, but just trying putting the paper on backwards and roll it the way a cat would and see what I mean.

The paper will still eventually dangle (if I understand you correctly) with enough hits or if they just pull from the back. I would just shut the bathroom door unless there is anything in there that the animals need to access. You could always try a different holder that did not hold the paper horizontal but vertical and move it up the wall a little.

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain
Question: Are laser pointers a safe toy for cats as long as the laser in not pointed in her eyes?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain

notsoape posted:

I've heard that a good technique to avoid the cats getting too frustrated is to shine the dot onto a treat on the floor before switching it off, so the cat can finally 'catch' something :)

That's what I was most worried about, and that seems to be a perfect solution. Thanks!