Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Maximusi
Nov 11, 2007

Haters gonna hate
Is a little bit of tuna safe for kittens?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maximusi
Nov 11, 2007

Haters gonna hate
We recently acquired a bengal kitten, and it's been having health problems ever since. It's had an eye infection for 2 weeks. First in one eye, then in the other, then both at once. We just can't get it to clear up despite using the Terramycin. On top of that, she seems to have a cold. She's been sneezing a lot and 'coughing', and I wonder if the breeder gave us 'the runt' of the litter. Is she going to have health problems all her life? I'm pretty concerned. I'm also pissed because she gave us the kitten with fleas. It seems pretty sickly and I've never had these problems before with any kitten in my life.

And yes, I did go to the vet.

Maximusi
Nov 11, 2007

Haters gonna hate
not a bengal tiger, lol. A bengal domestic cat. It's a cross between a domestic kitty and an Asian Leopard. They're legal.

Maximusi
Nov 11, 2007

Haters gonna hate
How easy is it to catch ringworm? I babysat my friend's cat at my house and quarantined it from my cat but I've pet it a bunch of times. What's the general treatment for ringworm?

Maximusi
Nov 11, 2007

Haters gonna hate
It's been almost a year with our new cat and his poop is still yellow and he gets occasional diarrhea. I did a test with his poop (I wasn't entirely sure it was his poop) and it tested negative for parasites. My vet said it was likely due to stress of the other cat.

They tolerate each other now. But I'm wondering if I should do another test for parasites or change the food or something.

Maximusi
Nov 11, 2007

Haters gonna hate
They're both on really good food (Innova dry).

Maximusi
Nov 11, 2007

Haters gonna hate
Is it ok to go in my neighbor's yard to get my cat? They never answer the door.

Maximusi
Nov 11, 2007

Haters gonna hate
Nope I live in Cali

Maximusi
Nov 11, 2007

Haters gonna hate

Talks To Cats posted:

I'm writing a story and I know shamefully little about horses but I'm trying to figure it out enough to not completely wreck the reader's immersion.

If you were introducing your horse to someone, what would you say?

Right now I have "this is X, our gelding". Do people use "gelding" like that or would something else be more appropriate?

Also, if one had a lot of land that was fenced in, would they let the horse roam freely on it during the day?

Hopefully this is the right thread for silly horse questions, I couldn't find a horse thread. :v:

Haha, I know what story you're writing. *leer* Anyways, a gelding is a neutered horse. An intact male horse is called a stallion. An adult female horse is a mare, a young female horse is a filly. Young male horse is a colt.

Maximusi
Nov 11, 2007

Haters gonna hate
Are my cats too thin? I recently changed their diet to strictly EVO 95% Chicken and Venison canned food, and I noticed that they definitely have lost weight. I'm not really sure how to feed these guys. I normally would have dry food, but since eliminating the dry food I've noticed a lot of positives (poops extremely small and dry, no smell at all). I just don't know how MUCH to feed them. Currently it's been like 1 5.5oz can and a half every day for both of them. Is that too little? I feed them multiple times a day since they seem to be so much hungrier.

It's gotten to the point where I don't want them to lose any more weight, but I'm curious to see other people's opinions and how much I should be feeding them. They're indoor cats.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maximusi
Nov 11, 2007

Haters gonna hate
If you're really set on feeding your cats homemade stuff, go to Balanceit.com and get the supplement that you sprinkle over the meat. The website creates a recipe for you, but you'll probably need a scale to weigh everything.