Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

light_urple
Sep 26, 2002

Meow!

Back to the feliway diffuser question...I distinctly smell the scent of Chick-fil-a waffle fries for the first two weeks or so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

light_urple
Sep 26, 2002

Meow!

MoCookies posted:

As far as the shelter situation goes, I think its in the best interest of the puppies to get them adopted and out of the shelter as fast as possible. The longer they stay in the shelter the more likely it is that they'll catch something. Even if you vaccinate the pups as soon as they come in, there's no guarantee that they'll be protected after just one round of shots. Its frustrating as hell. I remember a few weeks when more puppies died of parvo than got adopted out. It was so awful that I ended up fostering a young litter at my house just to keep them from catching parvo in the shelter.

This is what ours is like. We try to get the out ASAP and if a mom comes in pregnant, we'll try to get her spayed or into foster, too. Unfortunately, it's just so drat hard to avoid, and if you keep the little guys there to "quarantine", they're just more likely to pick it up :(