Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

unixbeard
Dec 29, 2004

A couple of weeks back my cat got into a fight and got a bad scratch. The wound seemed to get infected with this gross cyst/abscess but a few trips to the vet and a course of antibiotics seem to sort it out ok.

However, i noticed last night that the skin around the wound has now turned blue :/ The vet shaved the area so I have a pretty good view. She is off to the vet in a few hours but was just wondering if anyone had any ideas? She is eating/pooping as normal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

unixbeard
Dec 29, 2004

Dr. Housecat MD posted:

It could be bruising, it could be infection. Definitely a good thing you're going to the vet. I'd be curious to find out what it is.

Hey thanks, the vet didn't seem to be too concerned. She scratched the skin to check circulation was still in the affected area (it was) and said it's to be expected with this type of thing. She said it felt "thinner" around the wound, I think it's dead skin cells under the skin or something equally gross.