Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

purity control
Jan 2, 2005

i look better in real life. seriously.
We found a cat that we have taken in, and will hold onto in case if we find his owner. (He's been declawed and neutered, so we know he was someone's pet.) I took him to the vet, which cost just $126 for the vet to check his heartbeat, put the thermometer up his butt, and check for feline leukemia. We also had to buy a $26 bottle of shampoo, because he had some strands of hair that came up on the UV light reading for ringworm. She said it'd be $60 simply just to culture it, so I asked her if I could instead buy the shampoo and try it out.

Since we've been using it, the little spot on his back where the hairs were has not gotten worse, he has stopped shedding clumps of hair, and it looks like that the fur is growing back. He's been segregated from our cats for almost two weeks now, because we don't want to get our kitties infected. We've had the shampoo about nine days, and have washed him three times already (the bottle said twice a week.) When could it be safe to let our cats intermingle? We have him inconveniently locked up in a room that we and the cats use, and it's closing them off from one of their areas. I also want to let him eat normally and free-feed in the kitchen, instead of hearing him crying at 4:00am because his little food bowl is low. Basically, I'm trying to avoid a $60 fee to tell me something we already know, and want to let him wander around instead of cooping him up in the back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU