Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

baby duck hat
Jan 29, 2005
baby duck hat
What was the name of that little dog (a corgi, maybe) that had a big following on these forums about a year ago? I remember she was adopted by someone on this forum after their owner completely didn't care about her and pretty much asked to have her euthanised. The dog had a sort of head tilt, and there was a photo of her running in a field with a chain of daisy crown on her head, amongst many other cool photos. People used to have a link to the thread and a photo of the dog in their signature.

If anyone remembers what I'm talking about, do you know what happened to her?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

baby duck hat
Jan 29, 2005
baby duck hat

Lopside Fundip posted:

That's Abuelita. I'm her guardian.

That was almost three years ago and she's doing very well. We moved in with my boyfriend last month, so she has another caregiver. It's great because I work nights and he works days so there's always someone with her.

When I think back at the time we've shared, it's not the physical changes that surprise me. Certainly, her health and mobility have improved dramatically but the change in her personality is colossal.

She has become an INCREDIBLY annoying small dog.

She used to be so quiet and so grateful for any little bit of attention. She's still very sweet and mild mannered when we aren't at home. Still gentle and a little nervous at the park.

At home she's a spoiled little monster. She spends her waking hours scuttling around on dog island or in her muffy hut staring sharply at you and barking, grumbling and hobbling around in impatient little circles.

Using a very limited vocabulary of gestures and noises, she very clearly gives the impression that being a tiny adorable dog is very frustrating and it is completely beyond her why she is not picked up and held for every second of the day.

We just got a couch. Her favorite thing is to stand up on it and bark incessantly whenever the cat is visible. It's not much of a hobby but she clearly enjoys it very much.

It is irritating sometimes, but it's really charming somehow. She's like a very old, very grumpy, slightly senile grandparent. I just love her so goddamned much.

I don't have a site, but I have a bunch of photos of her on myspace:
http://www.myspace.com/stretchlib

if you are interested.

Thank you so much. I can't believe it's been 3 years already. I was really curious to know how she was doing, and I'm glad to hear that the news is good. She is still cute as ever too!