Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cornballer
Feb 27, 2005

ĄSoy loco por los Cornballs!
I bought a beautiful male betta about two months ago. He was blue/green/purple when I got him with just a touch of brownish red. I am a notorious fish killer and have had a hard time maintaining tanks in the past so I went all out for this single fish. I read up on betta care, bought everything I needed to create the ideal conditions for him, and have been especially careful in maintaining my tank and feeding my baby. Now he's a lot more reddish brown and the brilliant blue, green, and purple are not so brilliant.

I googled and got some mixed answers so I would really appreciate some expert betta advice here. Some say it's normal for fish to change colors. Other's say it's stress. The colors aren't his usual beautiful colors. More dull than anything. I'm worried I'm stressing out my poor baby.

I'm so careful with his water (testing, preconditioning, only doing a 25% water change at a time) and his tank conditions so I don't think that's the problem. I'm worried I am underfeeding him. I've heard and read that bettas are huge pigs and will overeat. I feed him 2 freeze dried bloodworms every two days. He gobbles these down as soon as they hit the water but I don't know if it's because he's hungry or because he's greedy. He's a very active fish and always has been. Am I underfeeding him and stressing him out? If so how much should I be feeding him? Could he be sick?

I can answer any questions concerning his water/tank conditions.

This is the longest I have ever kept any fish alive and I've learned so much about fish care from him so I don't want to lose him. I really love this fish.

Thank you guys.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cornballer
Feb 27, 2005

ĄSoy loco por los Cornballs!
Okay. Thanks. I'll try that brand of pellets. He's a super picky eater which is why I switched him from pellets to bloodworms in the first place. Maybe if he's hungry he'll actually eat them. Thanks guys. I'll let you know how he's doing then.