Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Banjos4Hobos
Jun 22, 2006
My cat (~2 years) has been attacked by something that's caused puncture wounds around 3 inches from her spine, each side - two on one, one on the other. This happened last Wednesday - since then she has had two abcesses cause by the wounds (and has been to the vet three times).

Currently on one side, she has a really raw open sore as no-one picked up on the other side of her being hurt when she was first investigated, it was only found today. There was obviously a pretty big abcess that had burst last night or today and left, well, a hole.

She hasn't been given one of those big plastic collars so she is licking both sides constantly. I'm worried this might stop it healing up so quickly. Has anyone got any advice about what I should do to try to make her more comfortable and speed up the healing? I have kitty ibuprofen and antibiotics to give her, just wondering if there's any other tips.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Banjos4Hobos
Jun 22, 2006
Just a quick question - my cat has just come back from having an enema and they have given him a dose of valium to stimulate his appetite (he hasn't eaten properly for a couple of weeks now). He has absolutely zero coordination and has fallen down the stairs twice so far, as well as that, he just won't stop yowling!

How long will it take for the valium to get out of his system? I'm trying to stop him jumping on things but so far it's proving difficult.