Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Space Poodle
Nov 11, 2007
I'm no pro. I've never even taken a class. But, I'm not in the "making curtains and pillows" category, either.

I got a serger for Christmas and decided to make my baby pajamas as my "learn to thread the fucker" project, using two dolla Wal-Mart remnant fabric covered in puppies.

I thought it was alright. But... you can see the hem. Heh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Poodle
Nov 11, 2007
It is simple, but you did a good job with the angle on that fabric.

Space Poodle
Nov 11, 2007
That jacket is awesome.

Space Poodle
Nov 11, 2007

peach moonshine posted:

I want to learn how to quilt. Where should I begin? I'm making a trip to the library, but are there any good websites or videos I should look at?

I already have a sewing machine and a basic sewing kit (needles, pins, scissors, fabric markers and such.) Do I need any special supplies? I've sewed a couple of skirts, bags, and pillowcases.

I really love this book: https://www.amazon.com/Practical-Gu...chwork+quilting

You're going to want a rotary cutter, a self-healing mat, and a quilter's ruler. Basically anywhere these are sold, there will be a crazy, obsessed old woman that will give you eleven million opinions on which one you want.

Other than that, if you are pretty good at a quarter inch seam, and you're ready.

Space Poodle fucked around with this message at 02:49 on Nov 7, 2016