Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Actias
Oct 9, 2012

Lead out in cuffs posted:

Don't forget pins (or clips, but pins are cheaper). You probably want some ball-point (for knits) and some sharps (for woven).

Pins are definitely the way to go for an initial purchase, but for anyone wanting to gives clips a go, Wawak has a big tin of them for $7.00 which is a fraction of the price of the Clover ones. (Amazon has cheapies too, but Wawak, as mentioned before, is excellent for notions of all types.)

Personally, I use clips whenever I can because my cats are apparently hell-bent on their own destruction.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Actias
Oct 9, 2012

I use glue sticks when I'm pattern matching when piecing quilt backs and gunking up needles has never been a problem for me. The glue dries really quickly (and yes, the purple ones really do dry clear), and you can set it with a dry iron for good measure.

I'd never thought about using it specifically as a stabilizer, which is a great idea!