Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kalista
Oct 18, 2001

Google Embryo posted:

That's what I was thinking but I wanted confirmation. I really especially dpns because I find it almost impossible to take my knitting with me anywhere since they're so awkward. I have a really long commute and knitting makes the time go by MUCH faster.

You can use two circulars, or the magic loop method in place of dpn's in any project in the round, given that you have the right length needles, or the number of circulars needed.

I started off doing socks on dpns, and then found I was getting wrist pain from holding the needles so tightly at needle changes to prevent ladders. I tried two circulars and found them to be too 'fiddly' for my taste, learned how to magic loop and never looked back. I've done sleeves and hats using magic loop, and it works fine.

The only problem is finding circular needles in the right size that are long enough! For some reason, I've never had trouble with holes, or ladders where the needle change happens, and my wrist pain went away. Bye bye dpns!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalista
Oct 18, 2001

Micomicona posted:

COVET COVET COVET

I've been eying one of those sets for a good long while now; I probably ought to break down and buy one as I do most of my knitting on circulars. Except for socks, actually, which is kind of odd. I like using a circulars instead of straight needles for most things, but I just enjoy the rhythm knitting socks on DPN's more, I guess.

Also, awapplesauce that is the cutest purse ever. just so you know.

I've had the Denise circular set, and the Boye set too, and I prefer the Knitpicks Options (metal version) circular set over all of them. There are less cable choices, since you can't connect different cable lengths together (they really need to fix that!) but the needles are pointier and the cables themselves are nice and supple. The only other gripe is that the needle size isn't printed on the tips anywhere (how the hell do you leave that out?) so you have to use a needle sizer to figure out which ones to use. I just keep a needle sizer in one of the pouches with the cables though.