Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MoCookies
Apr 22, 2005

squirrellypoo posted:

Uff, I just blew £50 on bra and swimsuit making supplies at elingeria.de. I've never made either before, but I've been reading more and more about other sewers who make their own and I'm itching to give it a shot, especially since my temporary sewing room will be demolished and I'll only have very limited space for projects in the summer.

I got:
chocolate/turquiose bra kit (it has all the bits you need to make one bra and two pants, minus the underwires, which you buy separately)
Elan 350 bra pattern (since it's reviewed highly in a Threads article and it's similar to Victoria Secret bra I used to like)
Some swimsuit fabric that was black with a stripe and butterfly but must've sold out now because it's not listed anymore.
And various bits of elastic, lining, clasps, etc.

I'm quite excited since the January issue of Knipmode magazine features patterns for one bra, two pants, and a camisole so even if I don't like the Elan pattern I've still got one to fall back on.

Anyone here ever attempt lingerie or swimwear before? Any tips?

I just started crocheting a swimsuit top today, so I'd definitely be interested in hearing about people's experiences with lingerie or swimwear. I've decided that if the crochet top doesn't end up looking like I want it to, then I'll just end up sewing something similar. Good luck Squirrellypoo!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MoCookies
Apr 22, 2005

Captain Schlork posted:

Fresh from the workshop:

Entirely my own design, pattern and sewing. Fully lined with a 100% cotton exterior. It still needs some finishing touches but I'm generally really pleased with it. I need to get better pictures asap.

I love that! The color is a bit hard to make out in the photo. Is it a dark purple? Its a beautiful design, the neck especially is awesome.

MoCookies
Apr 22, 2005

Russian Dollies posted:

Crochet books?

I really liked this book - Stitch 'N Bitch Crochet: The Happy Hooker - and got it to re-teach myself how to crochet. I think the explanations and diagrams of the stitches were excellent, and the patterns in the book are pretty wear-able as well. I'm totally addicted to making and designing bags now. I really should open up an etsy shop to sell off a few.