Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

imnotinsane
Jul 19, 2006
Trying to remember a book series - i think i read it about 6 years ago

It was a fantasy series that focused on a bunch of towers that when you gained control of them you became lord of land all around the tower. To get to the tower you had to kill some kind of spirit things. The first book i remember the guy was in a maze and came upon the tower by accident and managed to get to the top off it and take control of it.

Then he trapped the spirit things in armour and made his army thing.

There was also something about demon type guys, alters and another demension of towers or something. It sounds really poo poo when i type it out like this but i remember really enjoying the books and would like to read them again but for the love of me i cant remember the title or the series. I think the main characters name had something to do with Charybdis

--

Also one other book that i read earlier maybe 8 or 9 years ago was called something like "Space Gun" or "Space Zapper" or something about a gun. I am pretty sure it was by an Australian author so maybe not many Americans will have heard about it.

It was a book about a kid whos dads a game developer and brings him home some new game from his boss in Japan called Space Gun or something. The game is really hard in the first level and he never gets anywhere. Then he gets angry or something and he goes into the actual game where he has to shot the men. I think he invites over someone he doesn't get along with to make him more angry so that he can easily get into the game or something. I remember that after playing the game for a while they start to see black cracks every where and the men hiding in the corners or something and they go crazy.

edit - last time i searched i had no luck - remembering it was by an australian i searched "space Gun australian book" - any way if anyone else wants to know the title of the book is Space Demons by Gillian Rubinstein

Thanks

imnotinsane fucked around with this message at 13:24 on Mar 20, 2008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

imnotinsane
Jul 19, 2006
Trying to remember a book i read a year or two back about a boy that is expelled from school and goes to a school full of the worst kids in London and they train/learn to do a big heist. The teachers screw them over and set up the kids. Was pretty funny couldn't remember the author or the title