Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nrapture
Feb 8, 2007

SkaWes posted:

I have posted this in several threads, but I have never received an answer, which I know is because I have very few details. In fact I can only barely remember two scenes in the book, and by that I can remember two locations where fights take place.

The book is about some other world where dudes can use magic, one scene they are fighting in a church (I think) and the other one they are fighting in possibly some sort of town square by a water fountain.

That's literally all I can remember about this book, it is I am pretty sure part of a series.

It's a long shot, but The Elder Staves?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nrapture
Feb 8, 2007

SkaWes posted:

No that book is far to new, this book was written at the very least in 1997, but I think the book was probably older than that because I got it from the library in high school, and they didn't exactly update books all that often.

I often times confuse it with what I think is another series all together, I think in that one they could go from a "normal" world in to a world of magic by walking though some sort of tunnel or something, but again I think that was another book series entirely, and has nothing to do with the one I am thinking of.

Alright, I have one more try. Still not a serial, but The Faerie Queen? It's definitely old enough, and a high school library would probably have a copy. Otherwise, I'm out of ideas, sorry.

Fake edit: The more I think about it the more it sounds like the C.S. Lewis books, but I haven't read those in 20 years so what do I know.

Nrapture
Feb 8, 2007

mcustic posted:

The other about HP Lovecraft and Robert Howard teaming up in Hell.

Shadow's Bend by David Barbour?

Elderling posted:

You must be fakeposting. Spenser and Narnia?

I don't know what the guy's looking for, but I'll guess The Wheel of Time, because there are plenty of magic fights in large buildings and poo poo... and Thom Merrilin faces off against a myrdraal by a fountain in a town square if I recall correctly.

Why would you say that? Because they are wellknown? Then your suggestion isn't that much better.

Nrapture
Feb 8, 2007

calandryll posted:

Not really a book but a show about books. This was probably the mid to late 80s. There was a show on PBS, at least in Maryland, of a guy that drew scenes from different books. I remember he did The Dark is Rising and if I'm not mistaken the image that he did was one of the covers for it. I read one of the books he did, I can't remember too much detail since it was such a long time ago. For some reason time travel and a cellar are involved, but I could be wrong.

If anyone knows the name of the show that would be awesome.

More Books from Cover to Cover, hosted by John Robbins