Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nerdpony
May 1, 2007

Apparently I was supposed to put something here.
Fun Shoe
Okay... this is a short story, I think, about a priest being murdered in the church where he's... a priest... and while he's being murdered, he thinks about the concept of martyrdom. These details are kind of fuzzy, and it might actually be a poem. I really don't know, and googling hasn't done much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nerdpony
May 1, 2007

Fun Shoe
I work at a library, and one of my colleagues has a patron trying to find a specific short story (or possibly book). Here's the information she's given me about it:
"He feels as if the author is a well known writer. He thinks the story has just three characters: a boy, his father or maybe uncle, and a person of authority, perhaps an agent for a railroad, or a representative for a coal company. In the story, which is set in winter near an area with a forest, the boy and father go looking for coal which fell off of a train. They are approached by the other person who tells them they can't take the coal. The boy and the father murder the other person."

Any ideas? We already know that it is not Chekov's The Murder.

nerdpony fucked around with this message at 17:57 on Mar 8, 2012

nerdpony
May 1, 2007

Fun Shoe
My partner is trying to remember a book he loved (and found emotionally devastating) as a child. He read it in English in the Netherlands in 1996, if that helps. This is the plot he remembers: a boy travels back to the age of dinosaurs and befriends a bunch of them, including a mother and baby stegosaurus. The book ends with him escaping back to his own time just before the meteor hits, and finding a dig site with the fossils of his stegosaurus friends. Any ideas?