Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kahteh
May 14, 2007

There's a book that I read back in around 2001-ish, which I've had no success finding. It was part of a series (I believe - I never read any of the others) and involved a man and a woman travelling through time, possibly by means of a magical artifact of some kind. There was a second woman pursuing them, although I can't remember if she was after the artifact, or them, or what. This one was set in ancient Egypt, at the time of Akhenaten's reign, and involved the antagonist woman seducing Akhenaten, and the man being punished (for not worshipping the Aten?) by being made to stare into the sun for hours (I think the man was indestructable in some way...).

There's also a second, totally unconnected, book which I may as well throw out here as well: it was a kids' or young adult book which I read in about 1997/8, which I think was about a bunch of kids in an orphanage or foster home. All I remember was one creepy kid drawing a lot of spirals, and when asked why she(?) kept drawing circles, replied with something along the lines of "it's not a circle, it's a spiral. Hell is a circle".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU