Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Death Hamster
Aug 21, 2007
Is this a two-bagger I see before me?

mcustic posted:

Two stories, both Sci-Fi:

The other about HP Lovecraft and Robert Howard teaming up in Hell.

"Gilgamesh in the Outback" by Robert Silverberg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Death Hamster
Aug 21, 2007
Is this a two-bagger I see before me?

Wanderer posted:

There was a cheap horror novel in my high school library that I remember distinctly as being extremely depressing. It was a zombie novel, where the end of the book involved all the zombies suddenly falling over dead, followed by a supervirus wiping out the remaining humans, and finally Zombie George HW Bush hitting the nuclear button and destroying everything. For my seventeen-year-old self, it was utterly bizarre to see a book that ended not merely that bleakly, but in such a "Okay, gently caress my characters" sort of way.

I've been thinking for the last ten years that it was Robert McCallum's Swan Song, but looking at the book's Amazon page, it can't be.

The book you're thinking of is "Wet Work" by Philip Nutman.