Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Skrill.exe
Oct 3, 2007

"Bitcoin is a new financial concept entirely without precedent."
Ok this is a tough one but it's a short story I read in high school. It's kind of a halloween story and it takes place in the late 1800's I think. Basically, the entire town goes to a festival and the boy stays home in bed. Then the story implies that a zombie walks up the stairs to the boys room. Any ideas?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skrill.exe
Oct 3, 2007

In an iTunes U course for the Aeneid, Susanna Braund references a novel about a class of adult students reading the Aeneid together. For the life of me I can't find a single thing about it on the internet. Does this ring any bells for anyone?

Skrill.exe
Oct 3, 2007

Trying to remember a book I read a few years back. I think the main character is a professor. He gets on a plane to go to some conference and falls asleep, there's some issue and the plane has to make an emergency landing in a fictional country he can't identify and where he doesn't speak the language. Eventually he just goes on living and integrates with society. Does that ring any bells? It was on the shorter side, definitely big-L Literature. I'm almost positive it's not originally an English-language book.

Skrill.exe
Oct 3, 2007

Sadly it wasn't listed on that wiki page (I don't believe the country was ever named) and I'm sure it's not Murakami or Saramago. Really been vexing me.

Found it: Metropole by Ferenc Karinthy

Skrill.exe fucked around with this message at 23:07 on Jul 2, 2021