Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Serious Michael
Oct 13, 2007

Is only joking.
Read this poo poo in like, 7th grade, it's about WW2 and a german POW captured and sent to the US in a concentration camp in the midwest who falls in love with some abused teenage girl and in the end he dies and she gets sent to juvie or something similar

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serious Michael
Oct 13, 2007

Is only joking.

metalhead librarian posted:

Summer of My German Soldier may be what you are talking about, by Bette Greene.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Summer_of_My_German_Soldier

Edit: punctuation

Yeah!

No idea WHY I wanted so bad to know, if I remember, that book was poo poo.

Serious Michael
Oct 13, 2007

Is only joking.
It's actually a poem but it's in the form of a story and I couldn't find any other place to post it. I read last year it in a college level english literature book, it was probably written later 20th century, but there's a chance it was written early 21st.

It's about a young adult, I'm almost certain he was 17 (and that may have been in the title) driving down the road, a truck driven by an old man swerves and his dog falls out the back. The young adult, pulls over, chastises the old man, points out the dog is dying, and the old man leaves it up to the young man to kill the dog. He does so with a rock in a field.

It's about coming of age and such.