Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wlokos
Nov 12, 2007

This book was mentioned on this forum a while ago, and I meant to get it but forgot about it. It's about some society where there's a statue or something with the alphabet on it, and as letters fall off of the statue, those letters are banned from society, at which point they no longer appear in the book (I think the book is comprised of letters from people in the society, maybe?). It might have been a slightly dystopian novel, although I'm not sure on that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wlokos
Nov 12, 2007

LittleSunshine posted:

Ella Minnow Pea by Mark Dunn.

That's it, thanks a lot.

wlokos
Nov 12, 2007

This series is from when I was way younger, and I can't remember the name. They're young teenager-level books, and they're set in a world where people aren't allowed to have more than two children due to the government - third children are taken away and never heard from again. The story itself follows the life of one of these third children, who lives his whole life hiding in his parents' house, basically, watching his two brothers get to actually go live life and such. Eventually he somehow meets another third child (who is a girl) and she doesn't buy into all the propaganda about the government can find you if you use a computer and this and that, they do stuff for a while, etc. Then she tries to get him to go to a third children rally somewhere but he doesn't and she does and then she dies at the rally. That was the first book, anyway, I don't really remember the others.

I don't even want to reread it, it's just been bugging me that I can't recall the name of this.