Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cawie McFuckyou
May 2, 2008

I read this story in my seventh grade reading book, so 1995-6.

The main character is a young/nearly teenage girl, and it was set in the past (not sure when exactly, but it had horse drawn carts and such). While wandering in the forest, she encounters a young man who warns her not to drink from the spring he was just drinking from. She later meets his family: an older brother, mother and father. They don't age and won't die because they drank the water long ago, not knowing its effect. The older brother was once married but was chased out of the town as evil because he never aged. The younger brother eventually gives the girl a bottle of the water and tells her to drink it when she turns 17 (his age) and then they can be together always. She instead ends up pouring it on a frog that's about to be killed by a dog. The family visits the town many years later and finds the girl's grave inscribed with something like loving wife and mother on it. They also nearly run over the immortal frog while in the town.

Hopefully someone will recognize this, as it is far from vague.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cawie McFuckyou
May 2, 2008

JoeNotCharles posted:

Sounds like Tuck Everlasting, although I've only got plot summaries of the movie to go on.

That would be it, Thanks! I'm surprised I never knew about the movie, and amused that I kinda blocked out the whole murder/hanging part.