Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ballbot5000
Dec 13, 2008

Fabricati diem, pvnc.
Right here's a couple that I've been struggling with for a while:

Old man lives in a mansion with animals (possibly farm animals?). He has very specific timings for dunking biscuits in tea. Possibly the house burns down at the end. I suspect this is a kids story or one for young adults.

Second story:

Probably also a kids or young adults story. A mum and a dad take separate planes on the off chance the plane they are on crashes and their child is orphaned. As it happens both planes crash simultaneously and the kid becomes an orphan.

My apologies for the scant detail. Godspeed goons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ballbot5000
Dec 13, 2008

Fabricati diem, pvnc.
Ok so here goes one from the Mrs:

A little boy who's parents were concerned about aeroplane crashes to the extent they took separate flights to avoid leaving the boy an orphan. They took separate flights and lo and behold both crashed leaving the boy an orphan.

Read by my wife about 1997 but she recalls no other details I'm afraid.

Help me goons, you're my only hope.