Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nescience
Jan 24, 2011

h'okay
It's at least 20 years old (I want to say maybe even 30-40 years old). It was a sci-fi book about some kind of a new energy. The particular hardcover version I read had a white background with these bubble looking orbs on the cover. And I think the title is synonymous or has something to do with the word "Orb".

I don't think I remember the main plot correctly, but from my faint impression, the protagonist in the book is working towards some kind of a new energy source, some kind of an orb thing, and different factions are trying to get to him/the energy source.

The factions involved with the main plot includes the Catholic church, some kind of a military unit, something to do with a Communist & Catholic Polish soldier who was helping the main character in the book. The Communist part is what's reminding me about this book, because at one point in the book, the Communist Polish guy is explaining to a non-Communist Westerner why a Catholic would be helping Stalin (the Communists being anti-religion and all). I believe the setting is Europe during the Cold War.

I apologize if this is just a lot of vague details, and I feel like an idiot for being vague... but Googling words like "Sci Fi Orbs Communist Catholic" didn't get me very far.

Thanks in advance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU