Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Myst
Nov 4, 2001
Waylander
I continuously forget what this book I read a few years back was called. It was the first in a series, I think, and the others had yet to come out so I forgot about it. It was a fantasy book from a few years back.

It was set in a winter setting and featured various clans, very celtic like. Long house meetings and such. The main character, I think, went by the name of Raven. He was beginning to develope a mystic-like ability to hunt by sensing the heartbeats of an animal/person from a distance and being able to shoot an arrow into it. He had a brother who was a war hero or some such, I think.

There was also a city in the story, which had an evil patriarch kind of guy. And it flashed to a huge tower every so often where the evil patriarch had kept a man in solitude for years and years stuck far underground and he had odd revelations and visions. I think he managed to get free at the end of the book.

Anyway, that's all I can really gather. It was a pretty neat book and i'd like to re-read it and follow up on the series if I could figure out what the hell it was.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Myst
Nov 4, 2001
Waylander

EvilMoJoJoJo posted:

J V Jones' totally grim and frostbitten series starting with A Cavern Of Black Ice.

Wow, I can't believe I actually managed to identify one of these!

Thank you so much! I've ordered the trilogy from amazon! That was bugging me for years hah.

Edit: Good LORD, the shipping on them was 3 times as much as the books were! To hell with that, i'll hit up some used book stores.

Myst fucked around with this message at 21:07 on Feb 26, 2008