Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

XenoWolf
Apr 26, 2003
Mr. Sotch
Ok, here's an oddball one. When I was in Middle School (around 1991-1992) I remember reading a sci-fi trilogy that revolved around a dying out group of "blood knights" or something, and the things I remember from the book series was about a sword that was enabled by blood - it ran off of the wielder's blood. If you were one of the ones able to wield it, things worked fine. If you weren't it would kill you instead of operating properly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

XenoWolf
Apr 26, 2003
Mr. Sotch

XenoWolf posted:

Ok, here's an oddball one. When I was in Middle School (around 1991-1992) I remember reading a sci-fi trilogy that revolved around a dying out group of "blood knights" or something, and the things I remember from the book series was about a sword that was enabled by blood - it ran off of the wielder's blood. If you were one of the ones able to wield it, things worked fine. If you weren't it would kill you instead of operating properly.

Another thing I remember is the story was revolving around a last child able to wield the sword, and how he was hidden away. The character was said to have "flame red hair and ice blue eyes" - anyone else ever read them?

XenoWolf
Apr 26, 2003
Mr. Sotch

fritz posted:

Star of the Guardians by Margaret Weis?

Wow! That's it! For a while I thought I was the only one to ever have heard of let alone read this series. I also didn't know of the 4th book.