Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Reverend Werewolf
Aug 14, 2004
I got a fevah
This was a story from a collection of short horror stories for children, published in the nineties (Note: It was NOT one of the Scary Stories To Tell In The Dark series)

The story I am trying to find is set in the Appalachians or Ozarks, an isolated part of America. it's told from the perspective of a little girl whose mother has just died of a wasting disease, but returned as a vampire and is draining the children of the community. One night, her father and the rest of the townspeople go out to find and stake the vampire, leaving the girl alone with her baby sister. Her mother returns to the house and the girl has to spend the night trying to resist the call of her mother, who scratches at the window, begging to be let in.

The name of the story might be something like "Mama" or "Momma" and is written in dialect.

If it helps, I think the book also had another story about a vampire looking for a cure, and ending up being turned into a werewolf.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU