Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

Alright, I've tried this in the past on here but not in this forum so maybe I'll have better luck.

This book couldn't have been written later than mid-80s as I read it as a kid right around then, it was your typical Ace paperback fantasy-type novel only surprisingly well-written. It was about a red-headed girl wizard and a boy with a (cursed?) sword with three gems on the hilt, all blue (or red). The sword can apparently grant wishes as they both touch it at the same time with the girl wishing she could do magic better and the boy wishing she'd be more drat polite (she was a bit of a bitch). There's a zap and then later on the girl apologizes to him and suddenly she casts a kickass spell or something. They decided the sword had compromised as best it could with their mutual wishes.

Anyway they are on a quest to do something regarding this sword (the boy is, I forget how the girl fits in I think he just meets her on the way) and at the end of the book one of the gems in the hilt turns red (or blue, whichever color it wasn't before while the other two remain the original color) which to me indicated that there were probably going to be two more books in a kind of trilogy to 'fix' or 'uncurse' or whatever the sword.

That's all I know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

Cheaper by the Dozen would be my guess if it was set in a kind of Victorian/early 20th century era.

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

The second one sounds like Power of Three from Diana Wynne Jones.

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

Blason?

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

Got it in the gifs for geeks thread in BSS. Its (surprise surprise) Oracle from the Birds of Prey comic.