Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DonkeyHotay
Jun 6, 2005

Lately I have been trying to remember the title of a book that I haven't read for ten years or so, but would like to reread.

The book is an anti-war "war novel" written in the 60's or 70's. It chronicles the parallel careers of two soldiers. The protagonist is a mid-western student at West Point who leaves school to enlist in World War One. His counterpart is a WASPy egomaniac who lives only to further his own career. The novel follows the two characters through the interwar period and ends with the conclusion of World War II.

edit: after an hour or so of Googling, I found it. Anton Myrer's "Once An Eagle."

DonkeyHotay fucked around with this message at 00:53 on Mar 10, 2008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU