Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr Crucial
Oct 28, 2005
What's new pussycat?
This is one that's relatively recent. I picked the book up, read the blurb, thought to myself 'that's awesome', realised I had no money and resolved to get it at some other time...then completely forgot what the title was or who wrote it.

Basically in the 50s a plane crashes in the jungle somewhere. The survivors assume they crashed because World War 3 had started, and proceed to keep 50s English culture alive in this tiny jungle village. Eventually they are discovered by modern (90s/00s) explorers, still living the 50s lifestyle...and some stuff happens after that.

Any help much appreciated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Crucial
Oct 28, 2005
What's new pussycat?

Unkempt posted:

Speak for England by James Hawes. I keep thinking it looks good too, but then I keep forgetting about it so I haven't read it.

I love you, and want you to have my babies. You have no idea how many results Google or Amazon throw up when you search for '50s plane crash book' or similar.

Thanks!

Mr Crucial fucked around with this message at 11:24 on Mar 19, 2008