Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ActionPhilosopher
Apr 7, 2006

It's hard to hold the hand of anyone, who is reaching for the sky just to surrender.
I recently saw the movie "I Am Legend", and it reminded me of a book I read in high school (but not the book by Richard Matheson). It might just be a short story or novella. Anyways, its about a man, who is locked/sequestered in a garden. He is allowed to request, and will receive any book or material he wants, but he isn't allowed any human contact. He is totally isolated. The story follows the various stages the man goes through as he goes insane from the lack of human interaction. I think the story was written around the turn of the century, but I could be wrong about this. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU