Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nione
Jun 3, 2006

Welcome to Trophy Island
Rub my tummy
Ok, so this is pretty crazy but I can not figure out what book this is and it's been stuck in my head for days now. I was reading another book and ran across the word "gamboling." As soon as I read it I thought of a book I had read in which a child (I think it was a girl) is either reading a book out loud or telling a story to her Uncle (I think it's Uncle, it may be father) and he purposefully misunderstands and thinks she said that the animals were gambling and replies with something like, "was it the races? cards? dice? Those poor little animals." I remember the scene but cannot for the life of me remember what book it's from and I don't know whether it's from something I read a long time ago or something I read recently. (I reread a lot of my old "kids" books about a year ago when I had to move the boxes of them from my mom's house.)

It's not a lot to go on, but any help would be appreciated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU