Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sweetwater Kill
Jun 7, 2006

La vierge Marie vous regarde.

Ulalume posted:

Another he cannot remember the title of is about a boy who's always running, possibly has Run in the title. It's not Forrest Gump.

It's not Maniac Magee by Jerry Spinelli, is it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sweetwater Kill
Jun 7, 2006

elbow posted:

I have a pretty weird and vague one.

I'm not sure if I've actually ever read the entire thing, or just a page, and I'm also not sure whether it's a short story or a novel.

The only thing I remember is some sort of necrophilic scene with 3 or 4 people in a room, one of whom is dead. I'm fairly sure there's a little girl involved (who may or may not be the dead one) and there's some fascination with the dead person's eye. I'm not sure if they actually have sex with the corpse, but there's supposed to be an erotic atmosphere (a very hosed up one, obviously).

For some reason I have the feeling that the story is quite old, and may have been written by someone who wrote some famous novels/stories, like Poe.

Anyone?

What immediately comes to mind for me is Story of the Eye by Georges Bataille.

Sweetwater Kill
Jun 7, 2006

This is for a friend.

It's a children's book. An old woman finds three strange seeds. She plants them all, but a bird steals one, and one gets washed away by rain/flood/storm. Each time one goes missing she says something like 'Oh well, I still have x number of seeds, we shall see what we shall see.' She builds up around the final seed, and the seed grows into a magical tree that grows presents. Lots of people come to get presents from the tree, and each present has some sort of beautiful object inside. Then one day, a princess comes along and picks a present from the tree, she gets some sort of golden or jeweled horse, and her response is along the lines of 'eh, I have lots of these in my palace' and picks all the remaining presents off the tree. On her way home, she begins opening the presents, and they are all empty due to her greed. The princess has tan/dark skin. The cover MAY have been the old woman tending her seeds.