Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Astarael
Jun 20, 2006
I have 2, both are kid's or maybe young teen books. I read them before middle school, I think, so they would be from the early 90's, if they were published around the same time I read them. I think they were just random books from after school care, because I don't have them anymore.

1. A boy buys a potion that gives him wings when he rubs it on his shoulders. He starts out as a shy, kinda misfit kid and after he explores the town and ends up saving a drowning kid with his new wings, gains some confidence and whatnot. His mom says something along the lines of 'everyone has a bubble of magic around them. Some people have large ones, and some have ones that only have room for themselves. You, (kid's name), are always making room for more people in yours'. Paraphrased, that was the gist of it. At the end his doctor makes a comment about how much he's bulked up his shoulders.

2. This one was about a boy and his younger sister dealing with their mom paying less attention to them I think? I know at the end she shows them what she's been spending so much time on, which is painting illustrations for kids books, and the boy is really impressed at how beautiful they are. I think at one point the little sister gets lost and they have to go and search for her. One image I remember is they were making dinner, and the boy cuts himself, and thinks that his body, made by god, is less durable than the man-made tin can he cut himself on. He then feels guilty about this thought.

I don't even remember if they were any good or not, but I'd like to find out again if I can figure out what the hell they were called.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU